Findley Flyer - October 5, 2023
Dear Findley Families,
It's October, which means Fun Run season! Thank you for supporting our PTO and Findley Oaks with their largest fundraiser of the year. We appreciate all the support that our families provide during the year through various fundraisers, including Spirit Nights. Our next Spirit Night is October 18 at Craft Burger. Please remember that we are representing Findley Oaks at our Spirit Nights. Let's reinforce our PBIS Falcon CARE matrix with our Falcons even at school sponsored events: Caring Friend, Active Leader, Responsible Citizen, and Enthusiastic Learner.
Our Jr. Beta and Student Council will be collecting non-perishable food items for North Fulton Community Charities the week of October 16 through a staff pumpkin decorating contest. The food pantry's most needed items are:
- Peanut Butter
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Soups
- Mac and Cheese
- Juice Boxes
- Fruit Cups
- All Tomato Products
- Small Milk Boxes
- Stew, Manwich, Hash, Etc.
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Beans
- Canned Veggies
- Green Beans
There is no school for students October 9-11. Enjoy the long weekend!
Georgia PreK Week
Teacher Workday (No School for Students)
FCS Board Work Session
Professional Development Day (No School for Students)
Kristin McCabe Community Meeting-9:30 am @Wilson Creek ES
School Governance Council Meeting-3:00 pm
Spirit Night at Craft Burger (this is an all day spirit event)
Spirit Day-Wear Findley Oaks Spirit Wear!
FCS Board Meeting
Red Ribbon Week/Make Good Choices Week
Picture Retake Day
All Pro Dad Breakfast-6:45 am
Who do I contact for questions/concerns?
f you have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. The first point of contact will always be your child's teacher.
- David Applegate - Instructional Support Teacher (IST) - Mr. Applegate coordinates programs and service delivery for special education students, as well as the coordination of educational testing for students who are referred for special education services. Parents with questions about the special education process should contact the IST for information. He is also a point of contact for special education transportation. email@example.com
- Cindy Lamb - Assistant Principal - Ms. Lamb wears many hats as the assistant principal. Some of her main roles involve student information coordinator (Infinite Campus, Parent Portal), grading, standardized testing (MAP, Georgia Milestones), transportation & discipline. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Hernandez - School Counselor - Ms. Hernandez works with school personnel to foster a positive learning environment for children. Ms. Hernandez assists parents and children in obtaining special school and/or community services and serves as the 504 chairperson. email@example.com
- Colleen Greathouse - Curriculum Support Teacher (CST)-Parents with questions involving curriculum, class placement, and diagnostic placement assessments are invited to contact the Ms. Greathouse for information. firstname.lastname@example.org
- LaSondra Edwards-Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) Specialist-Serves as the primary intervention specialist and school contact for MTSS and Student Support Team (SST). email@example.com
- If further assistance is still needed, contact the Principal, Camille Christopher. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun Run Kick-Off Pep Rally
We had so much fun at our Fun Run Kick-Off Pep Rally!
September Findley Fork Awards
Congrats to our Findley Fork Award winners for September! These classes exhibited excellent behavior and PBIS expectations during lunch. KK-Julius, 1st-Johns, 2nd-Herrick, 3rd-Taylor, 4th-Davidson, 5th-Hayes.
Walk to School Wednesday
All Pro Dad
The next All Pro Dad Breakfast is Friday, October 27 at 6:45 am in the food court. Please enter through the food court doors. We recommend carpooling as parking on our campus is limited. Scan the QR code or go to this link https://allprodadchapters.com/chapters/12031
Click the title above to check out the Media Center's monthly newsletter!
We are excited to present a new opportunity for you to connect with your child to help build character and a sense of community.
We have started a new podcast in which we explore our monthly character education words through conversation, books, and activities. Each month we will share the link to a 10 to 15-minute-long episode designed for you to listen to with your child. We encourage you the gather around together, even at the dinner table, to listen. You can pause the episode at certain parts to discuss the questions we ask on the show. At the end of each episode, we will provide a suggested activity and include a link in the show notes for you to provide feedback on how you and your child carried out the activity.
A school-home partnership is an added way to help students develop strong character.
Happy Listening and Sharing!
Amy Rubin, METI and Kate Hernandez, Counselor
COMING SOON - HEALTHY CHOICES WEEK!
Hearing Screenings - October 13
Students in grades 1, 3 & 5 will have their hearing tested on Friday, October 13.
We need parent volunteers to assist in the process. Training will be provided at 7:45. Please reach out to Kimberly Burnett for more details and to express your interest!
MATH KANGAROO REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
🔽⬇️YEARBOOK DISCOUNT WITH FALCON CLUB MEMBERSHIP⬇️🔽
Check out the attached flyer for more details!!!!
👀 Keep an eye out for communication from your Room Coordinators! 👀
Throughout the year your Room Coordinator will be in touch with you about any assistance that your child's class may need. In order to plan ahead, we are collecting a one-time $40 classroom donation that will cover:
- The Winter and End of the Year Classroom Parties for every student! ($10)
- Teacher gifts (for both holiday and end of the year) ($20)
- Staff and Support gifts (for both holiday and end of the year) ($10)
We hope to make every experience special this year and appreciate any amount you’re able to contribute!
Also, if you’d like to volunteer at any event during the school year, please make sure you have completed the mandatory volunteer training.
Thank you all so much for your help! We can't wait for a fun year! Please feel free to reach out to your Room Coordinators with any questions.
🏀 Jr. Titans Feeder Basketball Tryouts!!! 🏀
We are thrilled to announce the upcoming Jr. Titans Feeder Basketball Tryouts for the upcoming season! It's that time of year again when we come together to discover and develop the young talent that will represent our program with pride. Please mark your calendars for the following dates:
- October 19th Evening
- October 21st Morning
- October 22nd Morning/Afternoon
- Boys: Grades 4th – 8th
- Girls: Grades 5th – 8th
Pre-Registration is Required for Tryouts and there is a tryout fee of $5 to cover gym costs.
Georgia Express Soccer Clinic!
Georgia Express Soccer will offer a FREE Soccer Clinic on Tuesday, October 10 at Findley Oaks Elementary. Boys will be 11:00AM-12:00PM and Girls will be 12:00PM-1:00PM. Register at Georgia Express Free Soccer Clinic on or before October 8. The Clinic will be led by Georgia Express Academy Coaches and will focus on teaching soccer skills in a fun environment. Boys and Girls born 2012-2017 may attend. Whether you are an advanced player or just starting out, we have a spot for you! Please text Halsey Chase at (404) 951-7712 or Craig Cunningham at (973) 727-0065 with any questions.