May 2, 2016
May 13 - MAP Testing (reading)
May 20 - MAP Testing (math)
May 23 - 8:30 a.m. - End of the Year Celebration in our classroom (parents are invited)
May 24 - Field Day
For your information...
- LMES staff will be working over the summer to plan for the 2016-2017 school year. If you are moving over the summer, please help us plan accordingly by completing the survey below. This helps us complete withdrawal paperwork, update proof of residence, and transfer records in a timely manner. If you have additional questions, please contact Donna Corley at 803-476-4600. Thank you! http://goo.gl/forms/BswtI5q2ou
- Click here for the May Media Center newsletter.
This Thursday, May 5 is Thinking Cap Thursday. Students are encouraged to wear a hat and donate $1 towards our Relay for Life campaign. We will be accepting donations (and giving students a sticker) on Thursday morning in Rainbow Island.
Thanks so much for your help with this! So far, we have raised $890 of our $1500 goal.
Field Day Volunteers Needed!
Field Day – May 24, 2016
Grades K-2 - 9:00 am to 11 am
FIELD DAY IS COMING! Students look forward to this day ALL YEAR LONG! This fun day is filled with lots of fun activities! In fact, there are 24 activities that your child will be able to enjoy on Field Day!
WE NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE FIELD DAY HAPPEN!
WE CAN’T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!
Each classroom will provide volunteers to work at one station during the 9 – 11 am Field Day time. Would you please help make this day a success by volunteering?
Our class station is Hot Shots (basketball) and we need 4 volunteers to help in the gym. If all the slots are filled for our station, please consider signing up to be a PE Floater for grades K – 2. PE Floaters help in other places to make the day a success. You can sign up to be a station volunteer or to be a PE floater by clicking on the following link:
Due to the large number of students who will be participating in the activities of Field Day, we request that only those who are volunteering attend the field day events and that younger children not accompany volunteers.
If you are unable to come to school to volunteer and would like to contribute to the success of the day, please consider donating a case of water for our students on field day.
- Spelling this week is reviewing the prefix un, which means not.
- We are continuing to work on dictionary skills and how to use guide words.
- We are reading poems and looking at parts of a poem.
We have started Chapter 7 in My Math, which is subtraction of three digit numbers, both with and without regrouping. We will be subtracting across zero this week, and will have a chapter 7 test this Thursday. A review sheet will be assigned for homework Wednesday night. There will be no fact test this week.
We are working on taking notes and doing animal research, and we are discussing how animals are classified (fish, insects, mammals, birds, amphibians, and reptiles.