The P.R.I.D.E. Post
OCTOBER 12, 2015
Battling Poverty in Springfield
In the spring Westport was one of the stops in the City's Listening Tours where it highlighted the 16 heat maps of the neighborhoods in Springfield. I attended the one at Williams Elementary.
Last week, the Poverty Commission released its findings and proposed solutions for Springfield, specifically focusing on specific neighborhoods including Westport's neighborhood.
Below are a couple of links that give you a picture of what is happening in Springfield to combat poverty.
The Report Card
News-Leader Article that gives a summary:
Impacting Poverty Commission website that has lots of resources
Monday, October 12
- End of Quarter Work Day-NO STUDENTS
Tuesday, October 13
- Fire Drill 9:05 am
Wednesday, October 14
- 2nd grade practices in the gym with Ms. Elwood 2pm
Thursday, October 15
- 2nd grade musical performance "Laugh Out Loud" 6:30pm (All 2nd grade teachers, please plan on attending!)
Monday, October 19
- Storm Drill
Tuesday, October 20
- Assembly for grades 3-5 9:15-10:15am
- Staff meeting
Thursday, October 22
- Fire Prevention Assemblies for grades K-4 (Please see the schedule Ms. Valchev emailed you)