St. Jude School
November 9, 2018
From the Principal
Just a few friendly reminders concerning the afternoon pick-up:
1. Adults should not get out of cars during afternoon pick-up. If a child needs to be buckled up, please pull through into the rectory parking lot and buckle them in at that point.
2. If your child is not outside, then we require you to park your car and use the crosswalk to find them. We can no longer locate them for you since we have to focus on the safety of the children outside and ready for pick-up.
3. If your lane fills up, DO NOT BLOCK other lanes. You must pull into the overflow lot.
4. Please be kind and patient with teachers, parents, grandparents, and others. Pick-up can go smoothly if we all have patience.
5. Families, if you have grandparents or other family members picking up your child, then please share these reminders.
Mrs. Molly Hibler.
Canned Food Drive
Thank you so much to all who have so generously contributed to our Thanksgiving food drive! We are still working toward our school-wide goal of 5,000 items to donate. The collection continues until Thursday, so it's not too late to send in your donation.
1000 Cans of Canned Corn
1000 Cans of Canned Green Beans
1000 Boxes of Stove Top Stuffing
1000 Packets/Cans of Turkey Gravy (no glass jars)
500 Boxes of Instant Mashed Potatoes
Get your Hot Lunch Here!
This Week at St Jude School
- Parent Teacher Conferences for those who scheduled
- Spirit Day
- Operation Keepsake begins
- 7:50 am Christmas Eve Choir practice
- Power of the Pen after school
- Canned food/Hoodie or t-shirt day
- Last day for Thanksgiving Food Donation
- Academic Challenge after school
- Marco's Pizza fundraiser--take the night off from cooking
- Last day of Operation keepsake
- BUTTER BRAID ORDER PICK UP IN CARRABINE 2:30-4: 30 PM
- Mass--all are welcome!
Monday 11/19-Friday 11/23
- Thanksgiving Break--Enjoy!!
Santa Shop is coming!
We are looking forward to our Santa Shop scheduled for December 3rd-December 6th!
How Santa Shop Works: Students will be able to visit the Santa Shop at school during assigned times to shop and purchase gifts for the holidays. Gifts range in price from 50 cents to approximately $6. For students that wish to participate, envelopes will be sent home the week of 11/26 with each child. You can use the Shopping List Envelope provided to help your child plan their shopping list.·
SANTA SHOP VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! The more the Merrier! We are in need of volunteers to help our shop be successful! Volunteers will help the children shop, cash out, or restock the shop. You can sign up for as many time slots as you are able to help with. Please visit the Sign Up Genius Link to participate.
A note from Mrs. Januzzi
Gift Card Program-December we will offer 2 order dates
Connecting for Kids-November Program
- Positive Play with Preschoolers, Nov. 13, 6:30 pm, Lakewood
- Supporting the Social Development of Gifted Kids, Nov. 28, 6:30 pm, Parma
- Solutions for Picky Eaters and Problem Feeders, Nov. 30, 11:30 am, Solon