The Garden State
Points of Interest in New Jersey
There are many places to visit in New Jersey but here are some of the main attractions that people visit when they go to New Jersey. First we have the amusement park Six Flags. Then comes Lucy the Elephant. It is a six story building that is shaped like an elephant. You are able to take a tour of this building. Next we have Ellis Island the Statue of Liberty is located here. It is located in the spot so it is the first sign of freedom people from different countries see. Then comes the Appalachian trail it is a very famous hiking trail. It runs from Georgia to Maine. Next we have the Delaware Water Gap. It is used for recreational uses. Now we have Marven Gardens it is a historical housing area. Next we have Barnegat Lighthouse this is a famous building that you can also get tours in. Finally is Liberty State Park it is one of New Jersey's beautiful state parks.
Lucy the Elephant
Located in Margate City, New Jersey.
Staute of Liberty
Located on Ellis Island that in New Jersey and New York.
Marven Gardens located on the border of the two cities Margate City and Ventnor City is a historic housing area.
Famous People From New Jersey
- Charlie Puth (pop singer)
- Mike Trout (baseball player)
- John Travolta (movie actor)
- Shaquille O'Neil (basketball player)
- Frank Sinatra 1915-1998 (pop singer)
- Kevin Jonas (guitarist)
- Ashley Tisdale (tv actress)
- Bea Miller (pop singer)
- Buddy Valastro (baker)
Baseball Player for Anaheim Angels. He was born in Millville, New Jersey.
Pop singer for songs such as Fire N Gold and Young Blood. She was born in Maplewood, New Jersey.
Pop singer for songs such as One Call Away and Don't Talk. He was born in Rumson, New Jersey.
In New Jersey there are many types of landforms here is a little bit about them. Trenton the capital of New Jersey is a low area with very few mountains. Most of New Jersey is low with very few mountains. When you head up north in New Jersey there is more mountains this is because the northern part of New Jersey is near the Appalachian Trail which is very high.
In the winter it will snow in New Jersey
During the spring it will rain a lot in New Jersey
During the summer it is very hot and sunny in New Jersey
Fast facts about the Garden State
- State Song "I Am From New Jersey"
- State Fruit northern highbush blueberry
- State Dessert color coded swirly candies
- Has the highest density population
- Only state where all counties are classified as metropolitan areas
- Has the most diners in the world is sometimes called the diner capital of the world
- Opened the first motion picture drive through theater on June 6, 1933
- The first electric sewing machine was invented in New Jersey
Drive Through theater
New jersey opened the first drive through theater
Electric sewing machine
New Jersey invented the first electric sewing machine
High population density
New Jersey has the highest population density in America
Agriculture of New Jersey
One of the live stocks they raise are horses.
Cranberries are one of their biggest crops in their state.
One of their live stock is goats.