RISD PreK/Headstart for ages 3 or 4
2017-18 Robstown ISD PreK Full Day- Headstart partner
Free Full Day PreKindergarten and Headstart for eligible 3 and 4 year olds
Early childhood education is vitally important to your child's development and school-readiness. Eligible PK 3 and 4 year old children will receive:
- FREE Full day of instruction
- FREE Breakfast, Lunch and Snack
- Applications accepted for Head Start and Children with Disabilities
- Call or click here for information on Eligibility for Texas Pre Kindergarten from the Texas Education Agency
- Click Here for Robstown ISD PreKindergarten information or call any elementary campus.
Headstart ages 3-4 is located at Robert Driscoll Elementary School
PK is available at all three RISD Elementary Campuses (Robert Driscoll ES, Lotspeich ES, San Pedro ES)
Students that do not qualify for free PK may apply to our classroom at Lotspeich ES (Space is limited).
What to Bring?
- Birth Certificate for the child
- 2016 proof of income from all adults in household (current check stub, W-2, or food stamp eligibility letter)
- Parent's Photo ID
- Child's Social Security Card
- Child's Immunization Record/Medical Info (immunization clinic provided on April 27th 4:00pm-6:30pm if needed
- Proof of Residency (utility bills, rent receipt, or lease)
- Proof of Guardianship if applicable (example: child is not currently residing with parent)
- Verification documents, if needed, could include food stamps/SNAP, medicaid, employment, school record, public housing residency, section 8 residency, domestic violence, incarceration, current immunizations, current physical, current dental
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”