Mrs. Awesome's Awesome Class!
At the end of Quarter 1 Week 4…
Hello Hard-Working CAVA Families,
I hope your learning week has been fantastic.
The 9/28/15 Monday Homeroom Class Connect at 9:30 am will be canceled due to an all-day teacher training we will be attending. Please check your email and Kmail for a link to the recording. Our Homeroom Class Connect sessions on Mondays are a very fun way for your students to start their learning week. We hope to see students there on Mondays at 9:30am. It is really awesome to start our day and our week…together! If your student would like to be in the student spotlight, we’d love to have them fill out the spotlight information sheet that we k-mailed and emailed out this week. They can K-Mail me, or email me, that information. The link for Homeroom is found in your Daily Plan, under Class Connects, on Monday.
Please remember that the content courses, Math at 9 am and ELA on Wednesdays and Fridays at 11 am, are REQUIRED. Support classes that follow the content classes (Math and Language Arts) are OPTIONAL. If you are struggling with either of those subjects, we strongly encourage you to stay for the extra support sessions.
For new students who have not yet attended any Blackboard sessions:
The links will be found in your Daily Plan, under Class Connects. Please make sure to look at all of your scheduled Class Connect sessions for the week so that you are prepared to log in right at the scheduled hour. If this is your first time using Blackboard, you will want to watch the Blackboard Basics recording (Recording length: 19:12). It will take a few minutes to load the first time. I recommend you do this prior to your first class.
Upcoming Due Dates:
September 29th: PE Log #1 is DUE- Please click on the link at the bottom of the newsletter and fill out the form, or you can find it through the classwebsite under PE logs.
October 1st: Q1 Work samples are DUE! Please mail them No later than TODAY 9/28/2015- 50% will be deducted for late work!
Teacher Graded Assignments: Check your ILP!
- Release of Liability- Please print, sign, and date the release of liability form and either email or mail it to me DUE: 9/12/2015 (Form was emailed as an attachment). You can also find this document on our class website- www.mrsawesomepeterson.com
WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING TODAY?
* For new students* Make sure your i-Ready Assessments in Math and Reading are completed.
* For new students* Make sure to complete your Back to School Packet (You should have received an email from CAVA with a link to complete it. If you are unsure about whether or not this is complete, please contact me)
- Sign Up for our October Quarter 1 Academic Conference- use the link at the bottom of this newsletter.
- Finish your Daily Plan and work on any Not Mastered lessons from this week’s Weekly Plan.
- Make sure to prepare for each Lesson and Unit assessment on the OLS. If you do not master an assessment, go over the ones you answered incorrectly, and review those topics prior to re-taking the assessment so that the OLS does not lock you out. It will lock you out after 3 attempts for lessons, and after a single attempt for the semester assessments. You should master ALL lesson assessments prior to moving on to the next lesson. Let me know if you need any help.
- Make sure that you have logged at least 4 hours of attendance for every school day this week, and entered at least 200 minutes of PE on your OLS attendance for the 5 days of school this week.
- Make sure all of your completed lessons are marked off and PE minutes are entered on your Go For Gold tracker.
WHERE SHOULD I BE NOW AND WHERE AM I GOING?
- All work samples are due October 1st!. Some of your assignments to submit to me will be done already… Make sure to label and submit your BEST work for each subject for Quarter 1.
- Look up “Your Choice Novels” on the OLS under Literature and make sure you have your novel when you need it.
- Let me know if you want Intervention help.
- Progress should be at 4-5% in all areas as of today. Your goal is 2-3% progress a week.
Olympic Adventures (Outings)
Please sign up early- Spots are limited- Click here for link
- I will be hosting an outing on September 30th in Julian! I would love you to join me! Check out the outings website for more details.
Quarterly Academic Conferences (QAC)
Quarter 1 QAC schedule coming soon
- Please note that these are required meetings per CAVA enrollment requirements!
Sign up for QAC (Quarterly Academic Conferences)
We will meet in-person to discuss your students academic progress, go over announcements and goals, etc.
Please do the following to sign up for a time slot:
- Click on the QAC Sign up button- located at the bottom of this page
- Choose a start time that works for your schedule
- Add the date and time to your calendar!
Use this link to fill out the Learning Period PE Survey form. Just fill out and submit the survey. Due On: 9/29/2015, 10/28/2015, 12/1/2015, 1/12/2016, 1/27/2016, 2/18/2016, 3/17/2016, 4/21/2016, 5/19/2016, 6/17/2016,