Welcome to chemistry!
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to chemistry for the 2015-2016 school year. I am excited about the upcoming school year and look forward to working with each and every one of you. I expect chemistry to be both challenging and enjoyable, and I will do everything possible to help you succeed in this class. The material in this class builds on previous units so get help early when necessary and don’t let yourself fall behind. I welcome communication from parents and if you have any questions or comments throughout the year please feel free to email me at email@example.com. I expect everyone to come to class prepared and be ready to work every day. Thank you!
- Treat everyone and everything in classroom with respect.
- Be in your assigned seat with materials ready when the tardy bell rings.
- No food, drink, or electronics (including cell phones unless authorized by the teacher).
- Follow all laboratory safety guidelines.
Student’s six-week grades are determined by the following:
- Daily (homework, quizzes, labs and notebook grades) 50%
- Tests 50%
- Homework: All assigned work will be due at the beginning of class on the date specified by the instructor.
- Late-work: Late-work is accepted one day late with a grade deduction of 30 points. Every six weeks the lowest daily grade will be dropped or an extra assignment will be given to replace the lowest daily grade.
- Make-up work: Each student has one day for each day absent to turn in missed assignments. You will need to make arrangements with the instructor to make up missed laboratory assignments and quizzes. Make-up tests are NOT given during class, so you must make an appointment with the instructor to take it within one week of missing the exam either before school, during learning lab or in Saturday school. If you know you will be out for a school event please make every effort to take the test before you leave.