May 21, 2023
Join us at Open House
5:30pm - PTA General Association Meeting in the MPR
6:00pm - Classroom Visits
7:00pm - Families depart
We haven't had classroom Open Houses for a few years, so here's a few reminders:
- Students should remain with their families at all times. The playgrounds, blacktops, and field are closed during this event.
- You can visit classrooms at your leisure. If you have more than one student, you may visit classrooms in whichever order you choose.
- Make sure to stop by and check out our newly renovated MPR. (Décor is still in progress) A slideshow of PTA Honorary Service Award recipients will be showing on the big screen.
- Make sure to greet the classroom teacher as you tour your child's classroom, but this evening is not the time to discuss student progress or concerns. Open House is a celebration. If you have any questions or concerns, please schedule a meeting with your child's teacher at another time.
- After visiting your child's/children's classroom(s), you are welcome to visit other classrooms on campus, but please do not initiate conversations with teachers about next year's class placements. This is their time to celebrate with their current families.
- Have a great time!
See you at 5:30pm on Thursday!
~ Mr. Lynch
- Important Dates -
22-26: 4th & 5th Grade State Testing
25: PTA General Association Meeting from 5:30-6:00pm in MPR
25: Open House Classroom Visits from 6:00-7:00pm
29: NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
30: GATE Egg Drop at 1:30pm
JUNE1: Room 2’s Play
1: 2nd Grade Field Trip: Underwood Farms
2: Jog-A-Thon Slime Assembly at 1:00pm
7: 5th Grade Field trip to Harley Bowl: 9:10am
7: PTA Executive Board Meeting at 6:00pm
8: 2nd Grade Play Performance: 8:30-9:30am
8: PTA Honorary Service Awards in MPR at 5:30pm
9: 3rd Grade Recorder Performance: 8:30-9:30am
9: Sub-Zero Jog Assembly
- 10:15-11:15 - 2nd & 3rd Grade
- 11:15-12:15 - 4th & 5th Grade
- 12:15-1:15pm - TK, K, 1st Grade
12: Senior Walk from 12:30-2:00pm
13: 1st Grade Field Day from 8:20am-11:25am
13: Kinder Celebration from 8:20-9:20am
14: 4th Gr. Performance for Parents from 8:20-9:00am
15: Pep Rally from 8:15-8:30am
15: 5th Grade Celebration from 8:30-9:30am
15: Early Dismissal
- 12:15pm: TK-3rd
- 12:30pm: 4th & 5th
- School News -
From left to right:
Mrs. Piper - Art Masters Coordinator
Mrs. James - 2nd grade teacher
Mrs. Cookus - P.E. teacher
Mrs. Rogers - P.E. teacher
Mrs. Calce - Kindergarten teacher
Pre-Register for These Upcoming Events
- RM 1 Kinder Performance – May 31st @ 8:15am
- RM 2 Kinder Performance – June 1st @ 8:15am
- Slime Day - June 2nd @ 1:00pm
- RM 24 Kinder Performance – June 6th @ 8:30am
- 2nd Grade Performance – June 8th @ 8:30am
- TK Performance – June 8th @ 12:30pm
- 3rd Grade Performance - June 9th @ 8:30am
- Kindergarten Celebration – June 13th @ 8:20am
- 4th Grade Performance – June 14th @ 8:20am
- 5th Grade Culmination - June 15th @ 8:30am
School Site Council Members Needed
We currently have openings for the following positions on our SSC team:
- Parent Members (3 openings)
- (DAC) District Advisory Council Representative
- (DELAC) District English Learners Advisory Council Representative
- (SEDAC) Special Education District Advisory Council Co-Representative
- (GATE-DAC) Gifted and Talented Education District Advisory Council Representative
The commitment is usually just 1-2 hours per month, but the impact is significant. Please connect with me to express interest at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about School Site Council and submit a self-nomination form, click HERE.We would like to have our 2023-2024 SSC team in place before our we leave for summer break.
Job Opportunities for the 2023-2024 School Year
Wildwood is currently seeking candidates for the following part-time positions for the 2023-2024 school year. If you or someone you know might be a good fit, please reach out to us to learn more or express interest.
The STEAM teacher’s primary role will be to facilitate developmentally appropriate STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) learning activities and experiences to engage and foster student interest in the STEAM disciplines. Certification not required. Contact Mr. Lynch at email@example.com to learn more or express interest.
Music Specialist for TK-Kindergarten
Wildwood has secured a certificated instructor to provide weekly music classes for grades 1-5, but we would like to provide music instruction for TK and Kindergarten as well. If you or someone you know has experience providing learning experiences in music and/or the performing arts, please contact Mr. Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTA News -
Due to continued requests from customers interested in placing additional product orders from their child’s artwork, we are now offering the opportunity for the parents and students at Wildwood Elementary to place additional orders from existing artwork, new artwork, or even a photograph.
Don't forget our school code, WIWE
Spring Teacher Kits
- Community News -
Digital Backpack Fliers
- School-Connected Organizations and Governmental Agencies
- Non-Profit Groups
- All Other Groups