Elizabeth Haddon News
February 14, 2022
Today is Day 2
2/14 Valentine's Day Parties
2/14-2/18 Random Acts of Kindness Week
2/21 President's Day-No School
2/22 No School for Students, Teacher Professional Development
3/3 Group Picture Day
3/3 Gifted Testing, 4th and 5th Math, PM-K and 1st Grade
3/4 Gifted Testing Grades 2&3
3/7 Gifted Testing, 4th and 5th Non-Verbal and LA, AM-K
3/23 2 Hour Delayed Opening
Previously Shared School News
Random Acts of Kindness Week: February 14-18
The Haddonfield Elementary Schools will be celebrating Random Acts of Kindness Week from 2/14 to 2/18. RAK Week is a celebration of kindness to ourselves, each other, and the community through different themed days; see below. During this week, students will be asked to keep track of their kind acts on a provided checklist. At the end of the week, any students who have completed 10 or more kind acts will be entered into a lottery to win a pizza lunch with Mr. Bissinger!
Introducing a new 5th grade exclusive talent show- Lizzie Haddon’s Got Talent!
We would like to welcome all 5th graders to participate in a brand new talent show, which will be held in the EHS APR room on Friday, May 13th at 7PM 2022. The goal of this new location and format is to create a unique, inclusive, and manageable experience for our 5th grade families.
All genres of talent are welcome. Comedy. Magic. Singing. Science. Instruments. Sports. and Dance. Is your talent not easy to perform on stage? No worries! Send us a video of you surfing or cooking and we can incorporate it into the show. We would also like to display visual arts such as paintings, poetry, ceramics, or photography. Not sure if you want to perform or submit art/video? There will be opportunities for MC’s and stage crew! Help with lighting or introduce the acts! We visited all 5th grade classes today to discuss the show and answer student questions.
Practices will be on the following dates from 3PM-4PM in the APR (fewer practices may be needed depending on the type of act): 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 4/14, 4/29, 5/6 5/11 (dress rehearsal 3PM-530PM) Props for the show will be very limited and each act will be capped at $40 per person for spending on outfits etc.
If your child is interested in participating, work with them to complete this interest form by 2/16. We welcome all questions as we navigate this new show. You can email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerry Bissinger, Principal
Karen Giorgio, Co-Director and Parent Volunteer
Stacy Kubikian, Co-Director and Parent Volunteer
February 14: Classroom Valentine's Day Parties
The following guidelines will be put in place for the upcoming parties:
- Only Room Parents are permitted to assist/attend the party. Please fill out the COVID form before signing in to the Main Office.
- Pre-Check Form for volunteers (if had ID scanned before)
- Students will be distanced 3ft to the greatest extent possible, structured activities only.
- Masks are required of all students and adults in the school.
- Food is not permitted at the party.
- Valentines will go home with the students
5th Grade Yearbook Spotlight Form
Every year the Lizzie Haddon Yearbook has a section that spotlight’s each 5th grader. It includes a short paragraph of their favorite things along with a kindergarten picture. We are starting to work on that section and need your 5th grader’s input! Kindly ask your student to complete this form by March 4.
Lunch/Recess Volunteers Needed
1st,4th, and 5th grades have lunch/recess 11:45AM-12:30PM. 2nd and 3rd grades have lunch/recess 12:35PM-1:20PM. One volunteer slot per day. Prior to volunteering you must review this presentation, complete the covid screening form each day you volunteer, and check in at the main office.
1st Grade Lunch/Recess Volunteers
2nd/3rd Grade Lunch/Recess Volunteers
4th/5th Grade Lunch/Recess Volunteers
Reminder: District Policy on Virtual Learning
Every effort will be made by teaching staff to provide students with missed work due to COVID protocols in order to avoid falling behind in classes. Please note that students are strongly discouraged from participating in live streams when ill. When a student must be excluded due to COVID-related issues*, the District’s plan to support the continuity of instruction will be as follows:
- Within one school day of notification, teachers will provide the student written coursework (e.g., posting assignments in Google Classroom/Canvas). Your student’s classroom teacher will provide log-in information for live-streaming.
- Within two school days of notification, the teachers will provide the student with virtual instruction.
- Exclusion for COVID related issues includes:
- Checking off a COVID-like symptom on the daily questionnaire
- COVID positive diagnosis
- Receiving an exclusion notice HSD
**If your child is sick due to a non-Covid related issue, written work will be provided and teachers will work with your student on their return to school to help them catch up***
If the classroom teacher is absent, Isolated/Quarantined students will not participate in virtual instruction. We recognize that this is not a perfect situation. Still, we are diligently working to staff classrooms with qualified substitutes and/or teachers that can continue rigorous learning for in-person instruction.
- If the real feel is 35 degrees or above (changed from 45 degrees), students will eat outside distanced three feet apart.
- If the real feel is below 35 degrees, it’s raining, or the blacktop is too wet, students will eat inside. Grades 2-5 eat in the APR on assigned spots that are distanced three ft. apart. 1st grade students eat in the classroom at assigned spots three ft. apart.
- Parents can sign students out to go home for lunch. Please inform your child’s teacher. Sign-outs take place in the main office.
- Snacks will be eaten outdoors unless it below feels like 15, snowing or raining.
- We use weather.com for our temperature check.
- If the real feel is 15 degrees or above, we will play outside.
- If the real feel is below 15 degrees, we will play inside.
- We use weather.com for our temperatures.
Calling the Classroom
We make a concerted effort not to call the classroom from the main office, unless absolutely necessary, as this interprets instruction. Please make plans with your child for afterschool in the morning before coming to school.
Sora App for Books
Sora is our school's digital library, which is linked to the Haddonfield Public Library and the New Jersey Schools Shared Collection. Students can borrow ebooks and audiobooks using their school Google credentials. Click the link below for directions.
HMHS Peer Tutoring for Grades 3-5 Students
Used Books for BookSmiles
We’re using IXL to support our curriculum in Math and Language Arts this year, and your child has access to this online program at home. With thousands of skills that match what we’re learning, as well as insights into student progress, IXL is a great resource to help your child excel and practice skills.Click Here for IXL Parent Guide
This link contains short videos where you can view an example of the Everyday Math algorithms, which are different than traditional methods. This is a great resource for assisting students with homework and studying.
As a family, plot yourself on the mood meter. Share where you are and why. Helping your child label his/her feelings enhances self-awareness and helps with the next steps of expressing and regulating emotions.
The Haddonfield School District has once again enrolled with STOPit! STOPit is an online reporting tool designed to deter and mitigate bullying, cyber abuse, and other inappropriate behaviors, consisting of an app and a back-end incident management system for school administrators.Our students can have access to the STOPit mobile app, which has two simple but powerful features. Report can be used by students to report incidents to school contacts anonymously. For more information on this and download instructions, Click Here.
Update Your Contact Information in Genesis
Absence Reporting Procedures
If it is necessary to keep a child home from school, please do one of the following:
- Call the office before the start of school
Email us at ehattendanceOffice@haddonfield.k12.nj.us or click the link on our school homepage, and include
- Child’s first and last name
- Reason for absence
If you do not have access to email, you may call in your child absent. You must send in a note when your child returns if you use the call in method.
EH TRAFFIC REMINDERS and INFORMATION-PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE
Adding School Calendar to Your Phone
Click Here for instructions on how to add this to your phone. Paste this code into the "subscribed calendar" box after you go to “Add Account” then “Other” calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/principalbissinger%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics
My School Bucks
This online payment service provides an easy way to pay for items such as ChromeBook fees and class trips using your credit/debit card or electronic check. Enrollment is easy and is available today! To create an account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
2. Add your students using their school name and student ID.
3. Make purchases with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
A program fee of 3.9% applies. You will have the opportunity to review any fees
and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
If you have any questions, contact MySchoolBucks directly:
· (855) 832-5226
· Visit myschoolbucks.com and click Help