Minutes and Details of the April 25, 2016 Meeting
HOSPITALITY COMMITTEE - Regina Bowman
- Ms. Bowman (front office executive) and fellow parents have a week of FUN and Delicious Ways for the Kids to use all their artistic talents to show their appreciation for their teachers.
Community Yard Sale and Car Wash
Saturday, May 7th, 8am-2pm
2005 South 12th Street
Contact Brande firstname.lastname@example.org
Book Fair Open, Concessions, Car Wash
NEW PTA Board Elected
Cynthia Voss - President
Kristle Sanchez- Vice President
Brooke Payne - Treasurer
Regina Bowman - Secretary
These parents have accepted their positions and will assume PTA responsibilities during the month of May, workingl work with the out-going board to learn the ropes and keep the ball rolling. There is summer organization and set up to do. Stay tuned.
HUGE Thank You to our out-going PTA President Shannon Self, VP Kim Cameron and Treasurer Devin Shaw for their service this year. Don't go too far away.
Up-Dates / On-Going Business
- Keep collecting Box Tops
- Give to your homeroom teacher or...
- Put in the "box with the top" on the glass table by the front office.
EDU-KITS - Brooke Payne, Coordinator
- 2016-2017 School Supplies Kits Available to Order NOW! Online or with Order form.
- Order your kit before June 10 for best price / See flyers in Tuesday Folders
Community Yard Sale and Car Wash- May 7th 8AM-2PM
- Spaces Open, $20 for a 14 x 14 spot . Contact Brande email@example.com
- Shop Vendors, Book Fair Open, Concessions, Car Wash and.....Talent
- Entertainment / Performances Contact Kim Cameron firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Field Trip to Silver Dollar City / Fundraising- Brande Palmer Reporting
- Goal is covering the cost for ALL students and Chaperones. Stay tuned for the final tally. (Without Fundraising the cost is $50 a student.)
- Movie Night, Sock Hop, Penny Wars, and Community Sale and Car Wash profits will decrease the overall cost for all students.
Labels For Education- Lily Welch (7/8th Math teacher) Reporting
- Bring in Labels for Education before May 25th, 2016, this program is ending.
LOST-N-FOUND - Brooke Payne, Coordinator (looking for a replacement)
- Lost clothing will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters on Thursday May 26th.
- PLEASE, PLEASE, please come FIND your stuff BEFORE the above date.
May Book Fair May 5th - May 12th , 7;30 am - 4:00 pm (most days)
- School Store will close this week to divert customers and free up helpers
School Store - Kim Cameron Reporting
- field day supplies are being ordered NOW with School Store Profits
- School Store will close for the year Friday, May 06, 2016
Finances were up to date as of March 31, 2016. With the multitude of events going on, Devin Shaw and Brooke Payne (new treasurer) will be working to make sure all accounting is current ASAP.
PTA process financial requests Wednesday and Fridays weekly. However, if we are on campus, we will help Teachers and parents immediately. Look for Kim, Brooke, or Devin. PTA books are always open to inquiry and subject to a yearly audit. Just ask!
Please double check the dates and times of these events with the Teachers
May 2nd-5th TEACHER APPRECIATION Week (lots going on)
May 3 MS Choir Concert 6:30 HS PAC
May 4-6th Mother’s Day Flower Sales (Ms. Racher)
May 5-12th BOOK FAIR (Library) (May 6th & 9th-12th @7:30 -4:00)
May 6 “Muffins with Mom” in classrooms @ 7:15a.m.
May 6th- 7th MS Dance Performance @ PAC 6:30 (two nights)
May 7th Book Fair Open 9am-12pm (with Community Sale)
May 7th Community Sale/ Car Wash/ Performances 8-2:00pm
May 9th Guitar Concert @ HS PAC 6:30 / Mr. Shields
May 10 Orchestra Performance @ HS PAC 6:30 Ms. Ryan
May 13th PJ DAY ($1)
May 13th ART EXHIBITION 5:00 -7:00 @ EMS Campus
May 18th Link Up Concert @ HS PAC 7:00 (3rd, 4th, 5th grade)
May 20th 8th Grade Trip to Silver Dollar City (FUN, FUN, FUN)
May 20th K-2nd Musical @ HS PAC 6:30 – Carpenter
May 23rd MS Field Day (8th grade Rehearsal in morning in gym)
May 23rd MS Graduation @ HS PAC @ 6:30 ??
May 24rd Elementary Field Day
May 24th Kindergarten Graduation @ HS PAC 6:00-7:30