Beating the Odds
Lakeview Staff Newsletter - June 7
Check out Sheet
All paras - verify your key fob by showing to Roxanne; she will record it and you will keep your fob over the summer.
Certified staff that do not have Lakeview as their "home school" - verify any Lakeview interior key you have with Roxanne; she will record it and you will keep your key over the summer.
Monday, June 10
Report cards due at 8 a.m.
Student council celebration during lunch
Interviews for 4th grade position in the afternoon (in the PDC)
Tuesday, June 11
Cadet field trip to Classic Lanes 11 a.m.
5th grade Chromebook collection 1:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 12
Field day in the afternoon
5th grade Recognition 6 p.m.
Windows laptop reimaging help session in art room with Christina & Drew
Thursday, June 13
11:45 a.m. dismissal
Plan for a short meeting in the afternoon (10-15 min?) time TBA
Checkout sheets due before leaving (see above)
Sunshine celebration @ The Rock after school
82 days until the first day of school!
Families get very (very) touchy about yearbooks that have writing over pictures, inappropriate messages written inside, etc. Then they call me, and there's nothing I can do to help. We just do not have extra yearbooks. If you are doing yearbook signing, establish expectations including:
• Only write on the page(s) for autographs.
• Noboby writes on a picture page.
• Keep your message small - do not take up the entire page
• Do not color or add things to people's pictures (glasses, beards, etc.)
• Only sign your name - no extra messages
• Limit the time for yearbook signing. Less time=fewer problems.
Curricular Materials & Supplies
• Old science & social studies books - recycle
• Science materials (things you can experiment with) - save, they might get reused
• Word Their Way (1st & 2nd grades only) - please put in 4K wrap room on the counter
• UoS or Investigations manuals that you do need next year - contact a coach
• Extra school supplies (i.e. full bottles of glue, paper towels) - place in 4K wrap room on tables on June 13 (not before that day, please, due to wrap program).
Save the Dates
Popsicles on the Playground - 5K teachers and the PTO are jointly coordinating a 5K event. Here is a link to the flyer. This will be a meet and greet for incoming 5K families.
I am hoping for a more general all-school event in August as well, but just was not able to get that far yet ...
The spring concert next year is on March 17, 2020.
Duties for 2019-20
UPDATED June 9 - When I wrote this originally, I forgot that lunch is later next year (11:55-12:45) and that our art & music teachers are available each day of the 4-day rotation (thank you, Mrs. Tinsen, for helping me with this realization). That means that we could do lunch/recess duties on either a 4-day rotation to match the specials schedule OR have a Monday through Friday schedule as we currently do. I would appreciate your thoughts either way by the 13th.
I do like the number of people at each duty location (2 in lunchroom, 2 on each playground) and the before school/after school supervision schedule seems to work fine as is.
UPDATED June 9 - we will need a person to take Mrs. Johnson's after school duty. Please see Jenny, Dave, or myself to understand what the duty includes and then let me know if you are interested before the 13th.
Summer & Fall Purchases
• PTO will continue to provide start-up funds for teachers. Many thanks to the PTO!
• Anything purchased from building budgets must be ordered by Roxanne with my approval. Do not purchase anything and expect reimbursement with a receipt. We made this change when I arrived, and I really thank all of you for adhering to this.
• Remember there is no longer a "per classroom" budget at Lakeview. If there is something you think you need, let me know and we will balance needs as able. This will continue to be our plan for next year.
• Building budgets are used for items that impact instruction, growth, and achievement as much as possible. Desk tags, locker tags, and decor will not be purchased from building funds. This might be a way to use PTO start-up funds.
Articles of Interest
Play the Broken Record When Questioning Students This article is all about using your learning target to keep your questions focused
School supply list for 2019-2020 - click here for link
Room map for next year - UPDATED - click here for link
Specials Rotation for 2019-2020 - click here for link
Furniture/Room concerns - this document
Family newsletter - Link to the final family newsletter of the year. There is a whole bunch of info in this for the beginning of next year for families.