Protect your body from disease!
Zinc and how it helps you !
Zinc is very important when trying to maintain the body. It maintains your immune system as well as supports normal growth. Zinc helps the component of enzymes, development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence also the productions of insulin and of sperm. Zinc is required for the vision, taste, and smell. It also helps repair tissue after burns and helps with healing. Zinc also helps:
- immune and digestive systems
- control of diabetes
- reduction of stress levels
- energy metabolism
- an increased rate of healing for acne and wounds
- hair care
- weight loss
- night blindness
- eye care
- appetite loss and many other minor conditions
Zinc is found is some of the most common foods!
- oysters, 6 medium (16 mg)
- beef shank, lean (3 mg)
- beef chuck, lean (2.7 mg)
- beef tenderloin, lean (1.6 mg)
- pork shoulder, lean (1.4 mg)
- beef, eye of round, lean (1.3 mg)
- pork tenderloin, lean (0.8 mg)
- chicken leg, meat only (0.9 mg)
- chicken breast, meat only (0.9 mg)
- yogurt, plain, low fat (2.2 mg per cup)
- baked beans, canned with pork (0.6 mg)
- cashews, dry roasted, no salt (1.6 mg)
- pecans, dry roasted, no salt (1.4 mg)
- chickpeas, canned (2.6 mg per cup)
- mixed nuts, dry roasted, no salt (1.1 mg)
- walnuts, black, dried (1.0 mg)
- almonds, dry roasted, no salt (1.0 mg)
- milk (1.8 mg per cup)
- cheese, Swiss (1.1 mg)
- cheese, Cheddar (0.9 mg)
- cheese, Mozzarella, part skim (0.9 mg)
- beans, kidney, California red (1.6 mg per cup)
- peas, green, frozen (1.6 mg per cup)
- oatmeal, instant, low salt (0.8 mg per packet)
- flounder, sole (0.2 mg)
- dark baking chocolate(0.9mg)
Recomeneded daily allowences(RDA):
- 0 - 6 months: 2* milligrams per day (mg/day)
- 7 - 12 months: 3* mg/day
- 1 - 3 years: 3 mg/day
- 4 - 8 years: 5 mg/day
- 9 - 13 years: 8 mg/day
Adolescents and Adults
- Males age 14 and over: 11 mg/day
- Females age 14 to 18 years: 9 mg/day
- Females age 19 and over: 8 mg/day
Zinc deficiency and excess includes:
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of smell and taste senses
- Rough skin/Pale Skin
- Hair loss
- Growth failure
- Reproductive failure
- Impaired immune function
- Immune function
Nature Made Zinc has made it possible so that healthy levels of zinc in your body is necessary for healthy growth and development and proper immune function.
Suggested Use: For adults, take one tablet daily, with a meal.
- "Health Benefits of Zinc." Organic Facts. © 2013 Organic Information Services Pvt Ltd, n.d. Web. 22 Oct. 2013.
- Marieb, Elaine Nicpon. "Appendix C." Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology. San Francisco: Pearson/Benjamin Cummings, 2006. 544. Print.
"Zinc." Monique Laberge, Ph.D. The Gale Encyclopedia of Diets. Ed. Jacqueline L. Longe. Detroit: Gale, 2008. 2 vols.
"Zinc." Nature Made. © 2002 - 2013 Pharmavite ® LLC. All Rights Reserved., n.d. Web. 03 Nov. 2013