Gab Martinez - 4th period
1 - Basics
- Wash your hands, wrists, and under your fingernails for at least 20 secs
- No nail polish or false nails
- Cover cuts and sores with bandages
- Keep your hair clean and out of the way
- Clean clothes
- No jewelry
3 - Kitchen
When you clean dishes, use hot soapy water, then rinse with cold water, and finally dry your dishes with a hand towel. When you're done, put everything back into its proper place.
6 - Safety
We have two exits and our fire extinguisher is located right beside the main door. In the safety spot, which is in about the center of the room, has a fire blanket, band aids, and some safety rules and regulations.
8 - Bacteria
A few ways to avoid getting food poisoning is that you check expiration dates, cook food thoroughly, check the temperature of your food, don't contaminate anything, and wash, wash, wash!
Wash your hands, wash your cutting boards and cooking surfaces, wash your wishes, and wash your fruits and vegetables!
9 - SDS
The safety data sheets (SDS) provide important information to warn us about a substance when chemicals are involved. For example:
- The 1st picture means something is flammable or self-heating
- The 2nd one means it's an oxidizer
- The 3rd one means that it has acute toxicity
10 - Tips / Recap
- Follow your recipe or instructions
- Don't leave your kitchen or cooking foods unattended
- Watch out
- Pay attention
- Have fun, but stay safe!