Setting Up The Equipment
Getting Started - What Do I Need?
Firstly you need to make sure you have the right equipment. To set up a wireless home network you will need the following:
- Broadband internet access
- A compatible modem (ADSL or Cable)
- A wireless router (or BT Home Hub, Orange Livebox or equivalent branded hardware) with a firewall
- A computer with built-in wireless networking support or a wireless network adapter
- Wireless adapters for any other computers or laptops that may need them
Trouble Shotting Guide
Trying to track down and resolve technical problems on your computer is, undeniably, one of life's most frustrating experiences. To help you through the process, I've written some articles that explain the critical issues you need to understand to do effective troubleshooting on PCs or Macs. In addition, the articles address common questions and common problems I'm often asked about on the O Donnell On Computer radio show. These articles (at least the PC versions) also form the basis of some of the more extensive troubleshooting advice you'll find in my book, Personal Computer Secrets I hope you find them useful.