March @ Springfield
We are Springfield. That means something.
Spotlight on March
March Dates to Remember
March 1, 2, & 3 - Read Across America
March 3 - Magic of Reading Assembly
March 14 - H&S Association Meeting (7PM)
March 14 - Board of Education Meeting (8PM)
March 20 - Trimester Two Report Cards (available via the Genesis Parent-Portal)
March 22 & 23 - Early Dismissal / Parent-Teacher Conferences
March 24 - Early Dismissal / Faculty Professional Development
Read Across America Week 2023!
Order Your 2022-23 Yearbook!
Order Link: https://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A09873792
All orders must be placed by April 7, 2023.
Now Seeking Kindergarten Students for September 2023!
Registration for our 3-year-old and 4-year-old preschool programs is now open. Please note that students in our preschool programs must be fully toilet-trained. The PK-3 program runs each morning from 9:00 - 11:30AM, and the PK-4 program runs each afternoon from 12:30 - 3:00PM. Each program only accepts a limited number of enrollments, and registration is first-come first-served. Please see the attached registration form for full details or visit our website for registration and preschool information by clicking here.
- Auto-calls & text messages via K12alerts (enrollment is required; please contact the main office if you did not previously complete the Google Form to receive these alerts);
- Pop-up alerts posted to our district website
- Email notification from the Superintendent (sent to "Guardian 1" from Genesis)
- Announcements via our district Facebook and Instagram accounts
If our school opens with a delay, our arrival schedule for K-6 students shifts by 90-minutes. Therefore, student drop-off will be from 10:00 - 10:15 (if your child takes the bus and, for example, typically is picked up at 8:10 then you should expect the bus at approximately 9:40).
For preschool students, the delayed opening schedule is as follows:
- AM Program will run 10:30 - 12:15
- PM Program will run 1:15 - 3:00
2023-2024 School Calendar
Student Birthday Celebrations
- Birthday treats can be purchased directly from our cafeteria using the order form attached to this newsletter. To ensure the cafeteria has ample supply of the treats you'd like to order, we ask that the form is submitted at least two weeks prior to when you'd like the treats to be given out.
- You may send in treats for your child; however, ONLY prepackaged and sealed products are permitted. Due to a number of food allergies throughout the student population, we can only allow prepackaged and sealed products so that the ingredients list can be reviewed by our school nurse prior to any treats being given out. DO NOT send in any homemade items or loose items such as doughnuts or soft pretzels.
- Whether purchased from the cafeteria or sent in as a prepackaged & sealed product, all birthday treats will be given out during the student lunch periods.
Extended Day Care Program
Before & After School Care
Northern Burlington HS Presents: Shrek the Musical!
The Northern Burlington School District is pleased to announce that tickets are now on sale for their upcoming performances of Shrek the Musical. This family fun event, featuring everyone's favorite ogre, is sure to be a treat.
Cookies & Cocoa with the Cast!
NB is excited to offer a special preshow experience for our younger guests and their families one hour prior to each performance. For an additional $5 per child, our little ogre guests (and their Mama and Papa Ogres) are encouraged to dress up as their favorite storybook or fairy tale creature and join our cast members for snacks, activities, photos, and fun in Shrek's swamp! If you are interested in joining us for this special preshow treat, please select the "+ Cookies & Cocoa Experience" ticket option for your child when checking out. If you need any assistance with purchasing your seats, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets can be purchased at our.show/nbshrek
Home & School Association
March H&S Association Meeting
Tuesday, March 14th, 7pm
2146 Jacksonville Jobstown Road
Field Day T-Shirts
Form Link: https://forms.gle/pYbQuCr2yrBtKGC98