January 16, 2015
RBES STAFF PERCEPTION SURVEY
- This year, ALL school staff members will be invited to participate in the survey, which has been revised to include administrator-specific items in support of the Gwinnett Leader Evaluation System (GLES).
- Staff members will rate the principal and choose up to two assistant principals to rate from a listing of all assistant principals at your school.
- In most cases, staff members will select the one AP with whom they work most closely - i.e. your primary evaluator, unless principal is your evaluator.
- In some instances, staff members will select more than one AP to evaluate - ex. if you teach FIFTH GRADE IRR, you would rate GRADE 5 AP and SPED AP.
- Each AP must receive a minimum of 15 ratings for the ratings to be applied to his/her GLES evaluation.
- If you have questions about which AP (s) to evaluate, please see Valerie to clarify.
- SURVEYS are to be completed independently no later than FRIDAY, JANUARY 30.
Four Core Collaborative Staff Development
- All K-5 educators are invited to participate in staff development provided by the Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies offices.
- Participants may choose to delve deeply into content, or they may choose to attend sessions designed to deepen their understanding of instructional strategies, such as text complexity, interactive note taking, primary sources, and thinking maps that link to the Georgia Milestones.
- A description of the offerings can be found in the PD&E tool.
- What: ES Four Core Collaborative Staff Development
- When/Where: January 26, 2015, 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM, Grayson High School; January 27, 2015, 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM, Peachtree Ridge High School
2015‐2016 Gifted Endorsement Instructors Needed
- If you are interested in becoming a Gifted Endorsement Faculty Member for the 2015‐2016 school year, please courier a copy of your resume to Rita Shue, Gifted Education, ISC.
- Applicants must be gifted certified and have a minimum of 3 years experience teaching gifted classes.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2015
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND?
- Students in GRADES 3-5 who are on an academic contract in one or more content areas: READING/LANGUAGE ARTS, MATH, SCIENCE, SOCIAL STUDIES.
The local school should consider multiple criteria when making promotion, retention, and/or summer school decisions.
Criteria examples may include:
- PRIOR ASSESSMENT HISTORY - STANDARDIZED, DISTRICT, AND LOCAL, ASSESSMENTS
- REPORT CARD GRADES – AKS MASTERY IN THE CORE CONTENT AREAS (READING/LA, MATH, SOCIAL STUDIES, SCIENCE)
- PREVIOUS SUMMER SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
- TEACHER EVALUATION/COMMENTS FROM THE SCHOOL YEAR
- WORK SAMPLES
- EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MAY HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO LACK OF STUDENT SUCCESS
- SST INFORMATION
- ACADEMIC CONTRACT
- RTI DATA
- ESOL - ACCESS SCORES FOR ELL
The 5 Best Free Rubric Making Tools for Teachers
This link from Educational Horizons has five free tools for constructing rubrics assembled by Christopher Pappas: RubiStar, Technology General Rubric Generator, iRubric, Annenberg Learner Build a Rubric, and Essay Tagger Common Core Rubric Creation Tool.
Educational Horizons, “Bulletin Board”, December 2014/January 2015 (Vol. 93, p. 4)
Best Children's Books of 2014
Here’s the link to School Library Journal’s top selections for the year, including picture books, middle grades, young adult, nonfiction, and adult books appropriate to some students: http://www.slj.com/best-books-2014/
Jenny Chancey (1/16)
Jane Dillard (1/18)
Dena Barbour (1/20)
Eileen Hembree (1/26)