Dallas Baptist University :: EDUC 4320/5320
- Understand face-to-face and online content
- Understand how to use appropriate software with students to enhance the teacher candidate's content instruction.
- Read the Blended Learning section below that includes a link to an article below and 5 videos that describe the blended learning models.
- Review the Resources section to learn about the different tools that teachers use to create blended learning experiences for students.
- Complete the assignment below. It is due next Thursday at 8PM.
What is Blended Learning?
In its basic and simplest definition, blended learning is an instructional methodology, a teaching and learning approach that combines face-to-face classroom methods with computer mediated activities to deliver instruction. The strengths of this instructional approach is its combination of both face to face and online teaching methods into one integrated instructional approach (Educational Technology and Mobile Learning, 2014).
Explore and Create
- Explore the following resources.
- Select 1 tool and create something. This could be something for your upcoming lesson plan or something that you would post on your website!
- Share your creation here.
- Have FUN.
Screencastify is a screencasting extension for Google Chrome. It allows you to record your screen activity for creating tutorials, etc, and runs entirely in Chrome, so opens the possibility of screencasting up to Chromebook owners. It runs on any computer with the Chrome browser, Chromebooks, and Chromeboxes.
Canva is a free graphic-design tool website, founded in 2012. It uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to over a million photographs, graphics, and fonts. It is used by non-designers as well as professionals.
Padlet is a free, online "virtual wall" tool where users can express thoughts on topics of their choice. It's like a piece of paper or a bulletin board, but on the Web. It is very versatile and easy to use.
Quizizz is a super-fun way to conduct quizzes in your classroom. Great for conducting a quick review, pop quiz or even individual classwork.
Tes Teach (Blend Space) https://www.tes.com/lessons
Create online flyer and house online content. Click on the Educator Hive to see announcements, newsletters, presentations, assignments and resources.