MAV Weekly December 3, 2021
Mountain View High School
Mountain View Mavericks
Main Office- (208) 855-4050
Attendance Line- (208) 855-4063
Transportation Questions- (208) 229-8500
Be On Time!
We have been notifying your students and asking them to serve off tardies before the end of semester. Please click on the total number of tardies your student has in Power School. If your student has more than 3 tardies (T or TL) in a class, he/she will need to serve detention until the number is back to or below 3 per class. We only have 6 more tardy detentions in December and 6 in January. If your student has excessive tardies, he/she will need to make arrangements with the grade level Vice Principal.
Guardians and students, being on time is important. There are a handful of students in the hallways after the final bell has rung. The majority of tardies are seen 1st period and 3rd period. Please plan ahead and leave for school earlier and modify lunch plans to not be late. Please monitor your student's PowerSchool weekly to check their grades, attendance and tardies.
We play music with 2 minutes remaining in the passing period, this is the signal to students that class is starting soon. Students, please be on time. Guardians, please speak with your student about the importance of not being late.
Lunch detention for 4 or more tardies. The limit per class is 3.
Lunch detention is served on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
See Something- Say Something
Safety is our top priority!
If you see something happening that is unsafe, we would like you to report it, you can do so from our homepage. Look for the icon shown here.
You can also report something directly, here.
Meridian Mayor's Youth Advisory Council- Seeking MAVS!
Tireless Teacher Award
Thanks for all of your hard work, Mrs. Cook!
BSU: Associates Degrees & Sophomore Start
BSU to present on Associate Degrees & Sophomore Start as an MVHS student. Freshman and Sophomores welcome! LINK HERE for more information!
Dec. 7, @ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Join BSU for a presentation that will help with the in's and out's of these degrees, the registration process, the courses necessary, and which students are a good fit for the rigors of these opportunities
Join the live presentation hosted in the MVHS auditorium from 6:00PM-7:00PM or
Click HERE for information on these programs
The MVHS library is open from 7:10am-3:00pm resources we offer:
Quiet Study Areas
Simple Tech Support
and of course… books!
All digital resources available on Teams with Join code: c7c3qnl
Students may participate in the Idaho Teen Reading Challenge.
Pick up a flyer or bookmark in the library and be entered to win one of 3 $100 gift cards.
- Masks are optional beginning, November 29, 2021
- Masks are still required on the bus, as the Centers for Disease Control has issued a public health order requiring masks to be worn while on public transportation (this includes school buses). We must comply with a public health order
- Visitors to our buildings are not required to wear masks
- Please stay home if you’re sick
- For Community and Household Covid-19 Exposures (sleepovers, club sports, weddings, funerals, etc.) or household exposures (someone in your household tests positive) please utilize the following resources to calculate your quarantine period and notify your child's school of absence
- Note from a primary care provider (MD/DO/PA/NP) specifying quarantine length of time
- Central District Health 208-321-2222
- For Quarantine and isolation calculations for community/household exposures you may use Central District Health COVID19 Calculator Central District Health (idaho.gov)
Lunch Detention = Tardies Removed
1 lunch detention removes 1 tardy!
Please serve your detentions so you are not at risk of losing credits.
Idaho Standards Command Responses for Schools
Please check PowerSchool regularly to monitor your student's grades, attendance and tardies.
January 14, 2022 marks the end of first semester, when grades are final. If students need academic support, see the academic support section in the newsletter for MAV time and tutoring opportunities.
Students have been given notice if they are exceeding tardies. Students are allowed 3 tardies per class, any beyond 3 requires a lunch detention be served. Lunch detention is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each month. Please help your student check so they don't lose credit.
Thanks for supporting your student(s).
Congratulations to our fall Mountain View all-conference and all-academic athletes. For a complete list of athletes visit Boise & ID High School Sports News | Idaho Statesman
Congratulations to our cheer team for placing 1st in the show routine and 3rd in the pom routine at the Shake it Up competition in Nampa.
Congratulations to Coach Judd Benedick for earning football Coach of The Year for the 5A River Division!
We invite you to come support our boys and girls basketball and wrestling teams as they begin competition. Please check the athletics webpage for information on specific sports and activities.
Interested in donating to Mountain View athletics? Click here
Safety First - Parking Lot
Stop signs mean STOP. Drivers are only allowed to roll through the stop sign when they are actively being signaled to do so by Admin, Security or our SRO, after school.
Parking lot safety needs to be a priority for everyone. Please stay under 15mp while driving on campus. Please be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to pedestrians. Please do not park in the fire lanes, at any time, even after school hours. This includes stopping momentarily and/or dropping students off.
- Taking a Trip or Vacation? If you know you are going to pull your student out of school for a trip or vacation, or any extended period of time, please have your student pick up a Pre-Approved Absence sheet from the main office. This helps us track attendance and helps your student get organized in their classes prior to being gone.
- If you need to check your student out, please do so by calling the attendance office ahead of time. To get your student out of class, please call 45 minutes prior to the time you will be here to pick them up. If your student has an appointment in the morning, please call the day prior to the appointment. We appreciate your support!
- If a student is absent please call the attendance line to report their absence.
- Students that are in quarantine will attend school remotely and will not be marked absent.
- Our school funding this year is based on attendance. Absences = less money for Mountain View High School. Please be in class. Teachers will be instructing bell to bell for maximized learning opportunities.
- Attendance Line- (208) 855-4063
MAV TIME: See Your Teachers Before School For Extra Help
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 7:10-7:40am is MAV time.
Students can make arrangements to see their teachers or stop by their room for help.
Saturday Tutoring: enter through the back of the school, new wing
Feeling Ill, Please Stay Home
Please see the symptoms/illness flowchart to help you decide if you should come to school or not. If you stay home, a guardian should call the school's attendance line and let them know you are out for illness. Then students should check teams for assignments and work on class work.
Synchronous Instruction- Students out for Illness
The high school principals and the school district have determined that we would provide the following consistent practices in all of our buildings when a student is on quarantine.
- All assignments / resources on TEAMS - TEAMS structure is consistent within each building
- Synchronous learning opportunities are provided for students during direct instruction
- Assessments will be taken in the building
Tips and Tricks for Students at Home
1. Go to Teams
2. Check Weekly Agenda – follow directions
3. Complete tasks – Join class on time, if live
4. Submit work according to class instructions
5. Still confused? Email your teacher (use school email, include period in subject line, ask a specific question)
Substitutes Needed: Parents, Please Consider Subbing for MVHS
We are in a district wide sub shortage. Please consider signing up to be a substitute teacher for West Ada School District. If you want to make arrangements to sub for MVHS, this can be worked out.
Check out substitute information here.
A bonus will be given each month if you work 10 full days or more.
$100 for 10-14 full days worked; $200 for 15 full days or more worked.
We also welcome you to view our website and provide any feedback there as well.
Feel free to email:
Scot Montoya: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don Dicus: email@example.com (website)
Karen Rice: firstname.lastname@example.org (newsletter)