Success Rooted in a Community of Learners
A Peek at the Week - November 2 - 8, 2014
Benefits Open Enrollment
Specials Week 1
Lunch Week 2
Sunday, November 2
Monday, November 3
3:00 Impact Club
3:00 Leadership Team
Tuesday, November 4
Happy Birthday Tammi Stewart
Student & Teacher Holiday
Building open 6am-2pm
Wednesday, November 5
7:15 Witzzle Pro
3:00 Environmental Club
3:00 RAD Readers
3:00 BTC / Leadership
3:00 Technology Club
5:00 Reflections Celebration @ Gwinnett Heritage Center
Thursday, November 6
7:30-11:15 First grade half day planning
11:45-3:15 Kindergarten half day planning
3:00 Robotics & Robotics NXT
3:00-4:00 Readers Rally
3:50 Running Club @ Dacula Elementary
Friday, November 7
8:00 Severe Weather Drill
8:45 Management Team Mtg
1:00 PTA Exec Board Mtg
Dacula HS Home Football Game
3-4:30 Girl Scouts
Saturday, November 8
Mock election Ballot
Below is a link to the 2014 Mock Election Ballot available to your kids. It is a good resource if you are teaching government and you want the kids to experience the elections that are coming up on November 4th.
The election site will be available the week of October 27 - Nov. 3, 2014
As in the past, the site will only be available on the internal GCPS intranet and not for external users. The results for each school will be available from the Social Studies office.
We hope that each of your schools will participate and recognize this important part of our democratic republic.
Insurance Open Enrollment
- Human Resources will host Question and Answer sessions throughout the district from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. The dates and locations are listed below:
- November 3, 2014 Meadowcreek HS
- November 5, 2014 Duluth HS
- November 10, 2014 Lanier HS
- November 13, 2014 Dacula HS
New Math and Science Endorsement Cohorts
- The new GCPS Math and Science Endorsement Cohort are scheduled to begin in March 2015. The Math Endorsement and Science Endorsement are rigorous programs of study aimed at building an advanced understanding of content knowledge in either Math or Science for K-5 teachers. All elementary schools, especially those pursuing STEM certification, are encouraged to have at least one participant in the both endorsement programs. A stipend of $3,000 is paid. Participants are required to have successfully completed 2 years of classroom teaching, currently be K-4 or 4-8 certified, and eligible to teach in a GA school. For more information, please refer to the attached document:
What: Math and Science Endorsement Informational Meeting
When: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Where: Grayson Room, Instructional Support Center, Bldg 200
To register for the meeting, please complete the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014MSP_Interest by November 3, 2014
aspiring leader program
Applications will be accessible through AppliTrack™ (Job ID: 39014)
Application timeline: October 30th – November 21st @ 3:00 pm
- Master’s Degree (leadership certification not required)
- 4 years of successful teaching experience
- PrincipalInsight™ Score
- Resume and current certification (uploaded)
- Principal Reference Form (from current principal)
Below is a link to the Ignite presentation made by Terry, Amy, Heather, Brittany and Denyse.
The link has also been added to our Mulberry How To Symbaloo on the Training page in eCLASS. Look for the brown meerkat on the symbaloo and it will take you to the website.
To all our teachers: You made our kids and our school shine on Tuesday!
To Heather, Susan, Melissa and Krissy: for making sure every detail was attended to before our visitation day. Thank you!
To Angela, Kari and Patrice: for juggling subs, giving directions, setting up spaces and all of the behind the scenes work you did to make Tuesday a success!
To Lorraine: for creating a delicious chicken lunch for 75!
To Camila: for giving us a "stunning" look on Tuesday - AND everyday!
To Darcy, Jonathan and the Wellness Committee: for celebrating kids with the pastry and popcorn parties
To Darcy and Our PTA: for a very successful Red Ribbon Week
To Kindergarten & First Grade: for participating in Read for the Record, from Krissy
To Melissa T. & Jo: Thanks for all of your help! from Jill
Congratulations to Lorraine and our cafeteria staff for a 100% health inspection rating!