Food for Thought
Principal's Weekly Communication -Week of March 21st
Our PBIS Team has completed the following tasks set forth from the beginning of the year checklist shared with staff:
- Develop a purpose statement
- Establish a monthly PBIS Leadership team and meet schedule for the school year
- Define Staff vs Administrator managed behaviors (Define them)
- Develop behavior Matrix
We are currently working on:
- Developing PBIS Flowchart
- Developing plans and procedures for encouraging and discouraging behaviors.
April Early Release Day will be for buildings to work on PBIS matters.
School Improvement Planning Through Rising Star
Our focus of differentiation will be on three tiers of an assignments during Core Instruction. We are using one task to tier for this school year and utilizing March and April staff meetings to share out and reflect on the tier activity. Collaborating with our colleagues will help us all have a big picture of what is going on across the building and give each other ideas to implement in the classroom.
Educator Quality: ID13 Instructional teams meet for blocks of time sufficient to develop and refine units of instruction and review student learning data.
Teaching and Learning: IIB04 Teachers differentiate instruction based on assessment results to provide support for some students and enhance learning opportunities for others.
Learning Environment: CL8 The school culture supports teachers in practicing effective and responsive instruction to meet individual student needs.
Math Expressions Initial Overview Training-HR Coordinating Subs
- Kindergarten: Tuesday, May 3 12:40-3:40 Fetzner
- Grade 1: Thursday, May 5 12:40-3:40 Fetzner
- Grade 2 Wednesday, April 20 8:10-11:10 Fetzner
- Grade 3 Tuesday, May 3 8:10-11:10 Fetzner
- Grade 4: Wednesday, April 20 8:10-11:10 Fetzner
- Grade 5 Thursday, May 5 8:10-11:10 Fetzner
- ELL, Learning Specilists, Gifted Facilitators: Wednesday, May 4 8:10-11:10 or 12:40-3:40 Fetzner
As I reflect on this school year so far I consider myself the luckiest principal in the world. Not many people can say they truly like and care about everyone they work with. You all have made my transition to a new school and district such a pleasant one that I brag to my principal friends in Palatine all the time. I end each day with a smile and start each day with excitement of what the day will bring. You are all such true professionals and really great at what you do with kids. This staff truly understands the importance of relationship building and providing rigor in the classroom. You have welcomed me with open arms, hearts, and minds. Thank you for being you!