Colonial Regions Activity
New England Colonies
Ohio River information
Chesapeake Bay information
1. Georgia had two main purposes which were to serve as a place where debtors in prison could go to start anew and as a barrier against Spanish expansion from Florida. Pennsylvania's purpose was to found a refuge for Quakers and other religious dissenters.
2. William Penn's vision for Pennsylvania was for it to be a refuge for quakers and other religious dissenters.
3. New York City was named New Amsterdam by the dutch before it was under english control.
4. The Province of New York was divided up into 12 counties by the governor Thomas Dongan.
5. Early colonizatoin efforts were big in the carolinas because it was in the south so it had to be prepared to fight the spanish as well as the indians. The carolinas were some of the most prosperous colonies because of its large export surplus.