The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of December 10, 2018
Bullock will be having 1:00 PM dismissals every day this week for parent/teacher conferences.
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Parent-Teacher Conferences & Book Fair
Monday, Dec. 10th, 8:30am to Friday, Dec. 14th, 1pm
- 1:00 PM Dismissals all week for conferences
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Dec. 10th, 8am
- To the Gr1 Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch block this week! If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives or share questions, let me know!
- Our 5-minute Morning Mindfulness sessions take place daily! All are invited...the fun starts at 7:45 in the Media Center!
Power PD Session w/Ms. Price
Wednesday, Dec. 12th, 3-3:30pm
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy
- Please come prepared with your laptop.
The Principal's POV on...helping students self-regulate!
Most importantly, Oliver challenges us to remember that addressing behaviors through this type of approach starts with OUR mindset! It starts with the relationships we build with our students & their families. It starts with the consistency in which we implement layers of behavioral supports within our classrooms. It starts with our ability to reflect on each situation and provide meaningful, logical consequences.
Click through to watch a brief video with Oliver as he provides an example of OUR role in addressing behaviors...and don't forget to share what communication, consistency and meaningful consequences look like in your classroom via email or social media! Have a great weekend and sign up for a Chat & Chew if you want to talk more about restorative consequences!
News & Notes
Bulldog Buddies UNIVERSAL Reward: Our biscuit bin is almost full! Let's start praising those good choices hard next week. If we can fill our bin the kiddos will have a week of no homework start on the 17th!
Bullock Garden Update: If anyone is interested in your class participating in, or just being on the planning committee of, our first Junior Flower Show please email Sonya.
TY to Ms. Tursi, Ms. Castro & their team for an AMAZING performance!
Words to Inspire...
TPT's in Gr3
Total engagement & assessment with vocab work in Mr. Aird's class!
Words to Inspire...
Shout-outs from the Staff...BOOM!
- Kim, you exemplify the true meaning of the Holidays! Thank you for the beautiful tree which our students are enjoying! Love, Rona & Simone
- Thank you third grade teachers for your flexibility and support to rehearse.
- Thank you to all of the teachers who came out to support the evening concert.
- Thank you to Ms. Castro for being so flexible!!
- Big thanks to Amy for your support, kind words, and keeping me sane!
- Castro you did a wonderful job with international club for the show. Great job Mrs. Perry and Miss. Tursi.
- Bernstiel thank you for checking in on me and girlfriend. Remember to breathe.
- Tag thank you for everything you did for OG and teaching me so much. You have the patience of a saint. One semester down.
- Mrs. Tursi & Mrs. Castro….GREAT holiday show! They all rocked it!
- Great Holiday Performance! Great Job to all involved!!
- A big shout out to Kim, Bernadette and Aileen for doing such a great job with the holiday show. It was amazing! Tag
- Andi, thanks for all of your wonderful insights and guidance during CAST meetings. Tag
Special thanks to whomever “mugged me”! I love my special treats and enormous mug! – Amanda
Nicole W. – thanks for the morning mindfulness session.
Wow what an amazing holiday performance by both the choir and international club. You made our school shine with all the hard work and effort!
Shout out to my special area teammates for all of your time, help and involvement with the concerts!! I love you guys!!!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 12/03: PTO Holiday Shop (12/3-12/7)
- 12/05: Holiday Concerts (9:30 AM-Gr1; 7:00 PM-Chorus) & CAST
- 12/07: Data DUE (End of T1); 2-hour delay
- 12/10: Parent-Teacher Conferences & Book Fair, 1:00 Dismissals (12/10-12/14)
- 12/17: Team Meeting (FUNdations & Eureka Articulation)
- 12/19: BSI Parent Night (5:30 PM-Dinner; 6:00-Workshop)
- 12/21: 1:00 Dismissal (Winter Break, 12/24-1/1)
- 01/02: Winter Pep Rally
- 01/04: Star Student Luncheon