We LOVE having you in 1st Grade!
Mrs. Austin, Mrs. Loveless, Mrs. Peek
Welcome to First Grade's Newsletter!
Science and Social Studies This Month
Math This Month
We will be working on the following:
- Ordering three objects by length; comparing the lengths using a third object
- Tell and write time in hours and half-hours using analog and digital clocks
- Organize, represent, and interpret data with up to three categories, ask and answer questions about the total of data points, and how many in each category, also, how many more or less are in one category than another
ELA/Writing This Month
We will cover the following skills this month:
- Plural Nouns
- Possessive Nouns
We will also be starting our opinion writing for the 3rd 9 weeks.
- Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
- Explain major difference between texts that tell stories and texts that give information.
ELA Academic Vocabulary:
key details, persuade, fiction, nonfiction, describe, genre, character(s), setting, temporal words, events, compare, contrast, retell, author, illustrator, main topic, research.
Students of The Month!
February Students of the Month
This month's character trait is kindness. These students can be seen demonstrating true PRIDE by always lending a kind word or helping hand to their peers.
Mrs. Austin- Kenny McRae
Mrs. Loveless- Timothy McGee
Mrs. Peek- Kaelynn Wetherbee
Happy Birthday to you!
- Kenny McRae- 4th
- Jayla White- 11th
- Austin Hicks- 18th
This website has awesome reading passages to help extend and enhance your child's reading experience! These are customizable to your child's reading level and also give them great information on cool subjects that interest your child.
Make sure to follow your child on Class Dojo to see important behavior milestones and keep up with the latest news in class!