Blair Oaks High School - October 25, 2019
Congratulations Blair Oaks Volleyball & Cross Country Seniors & Parents!
Pictured from left: Chloe Cox, Sam Frisbie, Michael Kempker, Madison Irvin, Tori Martin, Madison Mitchell, and Mariah Radmacher.
Best of luck to these outstanding student athletes!
BBQ Fundraiser ~ Oct. 27
- Pork Steak or Brat BBQ Fundraiser
Your choice of BBQ Pork Steak or 2 Brats includes baked beans, coleslaw, and roll.
- Fundraiser is pick-up only at Falcon Athletic Complex.
- Date: Sunday, October 27th
- Pick-Up: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Cost: $10.00 per ticket
Thank you for your support of the Class of 2020!
Photo Retake Day ~ Oct. 30
Absentees/New Buyers: Please use a picture day envelope to fill out which package you would like to order, and send it, along with payment, with your child on picture day.
Retakes: If your child needs a picture retake, please return the entire package, including the package insert (flyer in the packet), on picture day.
Accuplacer- Reg by 11/04
- State Technical College of Missouri will administer the Accuplacer test to interested BHS juniors and seniors.
- Date: Tuesday, November 12th
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Cost: $15.00 payable by cash or check made out to STCM
- Requirement: Photo ID must be presented on day of testing
Senior Composites ~ Nov. 7
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school on Thursday, November 7th, to take Senior Composite photographs. These are used for the group photo that hangs in the school hallway. Parents are invited to order photo packages to use in senior publications and invitations.
GUYS: You will be photographed in a solid colored long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Please dress accordingly.
GIRLS: You will be photographed in a traditional drape provided by Wagner Portrait Group. For your comfort and modesty, we suggest wearing a tank-top that has thin straps that can easily be pulled down when putting on the drape.
Nichols Students: Wagner Portrait Group will be at school from 8:00am-12:00pm to accommodate your schedule. As soon as students return to the high school, they should go directly to the library to have their photograph taken.
WAVE 'EM IF YOU HAVE 'EM
- When: Thursday, Nov. 7th, 3:45-4:30 p.m.
Motorcade departures at 4:15 p.m. Flag wavers should be in place by 4:00 p.m.
- How: Wave flags and banners as the motorcade passes.
- Where: The motorcade will travel from Candlewood Suites on Amazonas Drive; left on Truman Boulevard; right on Country Club; to Business 50 in Apache Flats; right on Highway T in St. Martins; left into the St. Martins Knights of Columbus parking lot.
Veterans Day Celebration ~ Nov. 8
The Blair Oaks R-11 School District will be having its annual Veterans Day celebration on Friday, November 8, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. in the high school gymnasium.
Vietnam War Army Combat Nurse Donna Rowe will be this year's featured speaker. For 369 days in 1968-69, Captain Rowe was the head nurse of the combat trauma unit in the 3rd Field Hospital near Saigon. An outspoken advocate of our nation's wounded warriors, Donna has incredible firsthand experience of their courage, heroism, and sacrifice.
Our Veterans Day letter is linked below and contains more information as well as the list of service personnel who will be included in the video presentation. Please review the list and contact the high school office with names that should be added.
Serving Now or in the Future?
Last year during our Veterans Day assembly, we were able to recognize parents of students and family members of our staff that are currently serving or will be serving within the year. We would love to do that again this year.
We would love to recognize him or her at our Veterans Day assembly. Please email high school principal, Melinda Aholt @ firstname.lastname@example.org if we could recognize your family.
Fall National Signing Day ~ Nov. 13
- Fall National Signing Day
- Wednesday, November 13th, 8:30 a.m.
- High School Gym
Student-athletes may invite club coaches, college coaches, grandparents and family to this event. A school photographer will take a photo of the athlete, parents, Blair Oaks coaching staff, and any college coaches in attendance. This photo will be released to the News Tribune for publication. Other photos may be taken by those attending the event.
Holiday Dinner ~ Nov. 21
Jim Marshall Assembly
Mark your calendars!
- 25 - Senior Night - Football, Band and Dance
- 25 - Football Pink Out & CheerFair
- 27 - Project Graduation BBQ Fundraiser
- 30 - School Picture Retake Day
- 10/30-11/02 - National FFA Convention
- 2 - High School Band in JC Christmas Parade
- 4 - Deadline to register for Accuplacer
- 7 - Senior Composite Photos
- 7 - Early Release; 12:30pm
- 7 - Wave 'Em If You Have 'Em
- 8 - Veterans Day Breakfast, high school cafeteria, 8:00 a.m.
- 8 - Veterans Day Assembly, high school gym, 9:00 a.m.
- 12 - Accuplacer Test, 1:00 p.m.
- 13 - Fall National Signing Day, 8:30 a.m.
- 21 - Thanksgiving Meal, 11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.
- 27-29 - No School, Thanksgiving Break
FLCN News Network Announcements:
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service