March 24, 2023
Good Luck, DIno Nuggies!
This weekend, one of our Destination Imagination teams, DIno Nuggies, will be competing at the state competition. These students have worked on their solution to their problem since the fall and already won first place at our regional tournament. We wish them the best of luck on Saturday and are so proud of what they have already accomplished.
Early Enrollment Coming Soon!
Do you have or know of a child who will be new to Lincoln next year? Early enrollment for grades Pre-K through 5th grade will be open April 10 through May 12. Be sure to spread the word for all students who would be NEW to Lincoln.
MISD Education Foundation Flamingos
Lincoln families….we’ve been Flamingoed by our Montgomery ISD Education Foundation!
We need your help:
1. Watch our campus grant video to learn what our school is raising money for. Like and share our video on social media to raise awareness, don't forget to use #yougotflamingoed! Watch our Lincoln video here: https://youtu.be/3l9mWsAzK6Q
2. Secure your flamingo purchase here; flamingo someone's yard within your school boundaries (limited spots available) or purchase foundation flamingo insurance to help your campus raise the most funds. Flamingo insurance is the best way for everyone at your campus to get involved!
3. Foundation Flamingos are already being placed in yards. They will be in yards for 24-48 hours.
4. Have fun with this FUNdraiser! The two campuses that raise the most money will be awarded their campus grant the night of the Spring Soiree!
Let’s go Lincoln!
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 458
*Welcome new students Annaleise S. and Evan P.!
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-February: 94.0% (3,289 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 2/27-3/3: 95.5%
- 3/6-3/10: 94.8%
- 3/21-3/24: 95.2%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 3/6-3/10:
- Mrs. Christian: 98.7%
- Ms. Ott: 98.6%
- Ms. Radford: 98.0%
- Ms. Grey: 97.9%
- Mrs. Hochhauser: 97.9%
- Mrs. Lehmann: 97.6%
- Mrs. Schaper: 97.4%
- Mrs. Veillon: 97.3%
- Mrs. Robison: 97.2%
- Mrs. Gerbrecht: 96.6%
- Mrs. Lawson: 96.6%
- Mrs. Herzog: 96.3%
- Mrs. Moore: 96.3%
- Mrs. Forrer: 95.0%
- Mrs. McClain: 95.0%
- Mrs. Torman: 95.0%
- Mrs. White: 95.0%
*Congratulations to 1st & 4th grades - EVERY CLASS had 95% or better attendance this week!
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
- 2nd Grade Field Trip
- Report Cards Released in Skyward
- Wear your spirit gear!
- 4/4: School Librarian Day
4/5: Principal-Parent Safety Meeting 9:00
4/5 CAC 4:15 pm
4/6: PAWSitivity Cart
4/6: Kdg - Math Egg Hunt
4/6: PTO Meeting 9:00
4/7: No School - Good Friday
4/13: Kindergarten & Spring Pictures
4/13: 1st Grade Program 6:00
4/18: 5th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors
- 4/19: 4th Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors
- 4/19: Administrative Professionals Day
- 4/20: 3rd Grade Reading STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors
4/21: MISDEF Spring Soiree
Week of 4/24: Reading STAAR Makeups This Week (in Addition to 4/21)
4/25: 5th Grade Science STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors
4/25: Progress Reports Released in Skyward
- 4/26: Science STAAR Makeups Remainder of Week
- 4/26: 2nd/3rd GT Field Trip
- 4/27: Tentative Art Night
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700