PACTT School -- Dec. Parent News
our monthly tidbits, photos & reminders for parents
GivingTuesday is Dec 1 (that's tomorrow!). Our partner, the Coleman Foundation, is offering the opportunity to leverage your contribution to PACTT by matching all online donations made on #GivingTuesday (Dec 1), to the degree to which the gift exceeds your largest single donation of 2014, up to a maximum of $20,000. (Don't worry - we'll do the math!) Find all the details at: www.pactt.org/givingtuesday, and learn how to share your support for PACTT via Facebook and Twitter. Help us hit our goal!
Thanksgiving Feast Fun!
This month's happenings ...
- Fri., Dec 4th - Annual school-wide downtown holiday field trip!
- Wed., Dec. 16th - 1:45 Dismissal / Staff Training
- Fri., Dec. 18th - Last day of school. 2:15 dismissal.
- Mon., Jan. 4th - Students & Staff return
(for the full school year calendar, visit www.pactt.org/calendar)
When the weather outside is frightful ...
- If CPS and other nearby districts close because the weather (typically snow-related) prohibits buses from safely transporting to school, we will likely close as well.
- If districts close because of low temperatures, we will likely remain open, since we don't have to worry about students walking to school in the cold.
- We will post weather-related updates on Facebook and Twitter, and send emails and Remind messages to parents. (To be added to our Remind notifications - you choose whether to receive email or text updates - go to: remind.com/join/pactt)
If we are open, but your district transportation is closed, then you can still bring your child in. However, if you'd prefer to keep your child home and share some hot cocoa, then please do so! Just email me, or give us a call (773-338-9102 x1) and let us know not to expect him/her.