Definition of this drug? What is it?
Nicotine is a highly addictive drug found in all tobacco products. ¨This definition is from the vocabulary sheet 'Tobacco'.¨ Nicotine is a stimulant. A stimulant is a drug that increases the body's activity for example it increases the heart and breathing rate. ¨This definition is also from the vocabulary worksheet 'Medicine and Illegal Drugs'.¨
- Cancer Stick
- Coffin Nail
Effects and dangers of the drug
- Increases heart rate
- Increases blood pressure and respiration
- It can cause Lung Cancer
- It can give you Coronary Heart Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Almost a third of the male population smokes.
- Tobacco kills one in ten people from smoking related diseases.
- Almost 15 billion cigarettes are sold daily or 10 million every minute.
- Among young teens ages of 13 and 15, there are one in five who smoke.
- Everyday there are 80,000 to 100,000 people who start smoking.
- About a quarter of the West Pacific will die from smoking.
My advice is to not fall for some peoples tricks to get you to smoke because you may never stop. It might seem fun to smoke but the side effects are awful. Just think twice before you try something.
What's the difference between legal medicine and illegal drugs?
Legal medicine is prescribed by a doctor. Also, legal medicine is good for your body and helps cure your problems. An illegal drug is sold to you and is not good for your body. Also, you take an illegal drug if you are sad or depressed or even if your happy and are at a party.
What should I do if I hear about kids in my school using drugs?
If I hear about kids using drugs in my school I would make sure I stay away from them and tell someone. I would most likely tell a teacher and make sure people are aware who are doing drugs so they can stay safe.