NEWS for #701 Belair
November 16 - November 20, 2015
- promote a sense of shared respect and responsibility between home, school and community
- teacher reflection and collaboration will be an essential part of our growth and student achievement
- optimal learning will exist in a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment sustained through School Wide Positive Behavior and CharacterPlus
- teachers will have high expectations for all students and provide them with a learning framework centered on critical thinking, problem solving, self-reflection, communication, collaboration, and real life experiences
Things to Note/Upcoming Events......
Tuesday, November 17 - Literacy Team meeting - 8:15 AM
Wednesday, November 18 - Tier 2 Academic Team - 8:15; Two Hour Early Release - Staff meeting 2:15 PM (Adjusted AMP schedule); Mid-terms go home
Friday, November 20 - PTA "Daybreak with Dad" - 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM (will need a designated spot for students to report to for each grade level - parking will also be hard that morning); No Weekly Assembly; Bulldog Buck Payday; Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast - 3:00 PM
Student Meetings: Monday - E. Goodman - 8:15 AM; Tuesday - T. Clime - 8:15 AM; Thursday - N. Jackson - 8:15 AM; Friday - L. Meisel - 8:15 AM
AMP Schedule: Monday - Yellow; Tuesday - Red; Wednesday - Blue; Thursday - Yellow; Friday - Red
Library/Counseling Schedule: Maroon Week
Morning Duties: 8:30 - 8:45 Gym (Charlotte); 8:30 - 8:45 Cafeteria (Jaime); 8:30 - 8:45 Car Riders (Charlene)
Afternoon Gym Duties: Roberts, Vernon, Owens, Farris, Luebbering, Rackers, and Germer
Happy Birthday: Jim Leftwich - November 14
Upcoming Culture/Belair Cares Events: November 18 - November birthday treats - 8:30 AM AND #701 Lesson Planning @ El Espolon's 4:30 PM
Monthly Awards due Thursday, November 19 OR THEY WILL NOT BE PRESENTED AT ASSEMBLY
Infinite Campus Gradebook MUST be updated by the end of each Tuesday with the previous week's scores/standards recorded.
Data Cycle data to Scott upon beginning/ending each unit for math and writing.
Web page updated by November 30.
International Center of Leadership in Education Update
#701 Staff 'High Fives'
"I am sooooo thankful for Eileen Sharp! Our children are amazingly talented! The entire audience was moved by the music the students performed! You are an unbelievable addition to our a Belair family! Also to first grade and kindergarten - Wow!! The poems your students presented were fabulous! I appreciate all of the time you dedicated to making it so amazing!"
Emily Roberts - thank you for putting together the "Hero" video for our Veterans' celebration. It was AWESOME!!!
Let me know if you have a special "shout out" or "high five" you would like shared!
Four Corollary Questions
1. What do we want kids to know and do?
2. How will we know they know or can?
3. What will we do if they cannot?
4. What will we do if they can?