The Lee Eaton Tribune
L.E.T. There Be News
The Week of September 6th
Once again, Lee Eaton kiddos were awesome! We continue to be so proud of them. This week's student shout out goes to Naiylah Walker! Our 6th grade ELA classes were reviewing theme and Naiylah had some awesome responses and comments about a video that they watched in class. She commented that the video had a theme of equality and that Nordonia is all about showing kindness and that we should throw it around like confetti. Great Job Naiylah! That's the KNIGHT Way!
Thank you for sharing your students with us!
Student Vaccination Opportunity
We communicated an email regarding the upcoming opportunity for our 12 year old students for a vaccination. Please find the letter from Akron Children's Hospital below. Important dates to know are September 15th deadline for the consent form to be submitted and September 23rd for the date of the vaccinations at Lee Eaton.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Akron Children’s Hospital will be offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines at your child’s school. At this time, only students ages 12 and older are eligible to receive the Pfizer two-dose vaccine.
Here is some important information for you to know:
• Vaccinations are VOLUNTARY. All health information will be kept strictly confidential by the school and Akron Children’s Hospital.
• Student vaccinations will be given during the school day at your child’s school.
• The amount of time a student will be out of class is expected to be 20-30 minutes.
• Vaccinations will be administered by Akron Children’s Hospital nursing staff.
• Students will receive the Pfizer vaccine. This is a two-dose vaccine. The doses are scheduled 3 weeks apart. Please review the attached information sheet from the CDC about the Pfizer vaccine.
• Parents will not be able to accompany their child to the vaccine clinic.
• All physical distancing and COVID safety protocols will be followed.
• Students should wear tops that allow easy access to their shoulder for vaccination.
• Parents are encouraged to visit akronchildrens.org for more information about COVID-19 and frequently asked questions (https://www.akronchildrens.org/pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html).
If you want your child to receive this vaccine, a completed consent form must be returned to the school clinic by September 15. Students who do not have a completed consent form will not be scheduled for vaccination. Your child’s school located vaccine clinic appointment date will be set once all consent forms are received. Vaccine dates per school building will begin the following week.