Giving Back to the Community
By: Alexis Stevenson
1. Why is Giving Back to the Community a good idea?
a. They focus on building a stronger community to increase public awareness of the childhood abuse, neglect, and maltreatment epidemic. There mission is to build a safer world for children. On this website you can donate to help these children.
b. This website is about a nonprofit organization that encourages and facilitates charitable giving by professional athletes, celebrities, and other people who truly want to give back.
2. What are the major reasons for giving back to the community?
b. This website has multiple reasons why you should give back to the community and volunteer. There are many reason people volunteer beyond the simple goodness of their hearts.
c. If you are thinking about becoming a volunteer, this website has different reasons that you should become one.
d. This article states the different important reasons of giving back. It states that no matter how hard you have it someone always has it worse.
3. Magazines articles/newspaper articles addressing Giving Back to the Commuity
a. This article is about modern society gives some great awards to entrepreneurs who find what people want or need and provide it. Successful business people are well rewarded for their ability to provide what society wants.
This article is about how volunteering is good for the soul but it is also good for your health and career. For example, recent research reveals that doing charitable work actually makes the heart grow stronger.
4. Ideas of Giving Back to the Community
5. Organizations in Joliet
This organization provides services to children who are victims of any sort of abuse.
This organization helps children realize their potential and build their futures. They nurture children and strengthen communities.
6. Programs that rely on volunteers
Big Brothers/Big Sisters
Habitat for Humanity
and much more
7. Quotes on the merits of giving back to your community
1. "From what we get, we can make a living; what we give can make a life." - Arthur Ashe
2. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." - Albert Einstein
1. Charity: an organization step up to provide and raise money for those in need
2. Donate: give (money or goods) for a good cause
3. Establish: set up (an organization, system) on a firm or permanent basis
4. Fundraising: a way nonprofit organizations obtain the money for their operations
5. Generous: showing kindness toward others
6. Hope: a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen
7. Help: make it easier for someone to do something by offering services or resources
8. Impact: have a strong effect on someone or something
9. Kindness: a quality of being friendly
10. Leadership: the action of leading a group of people or an organization
11. Mission: the vocation or calling of an organization
12. Non profit: not making or conducting to make a profit
13. Teamwork: the combined action of a group of people
14. Volunteer: a person who freely offers to take part in a task
15. Wisdom: the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment