4th Grade Newsletter
November 14, 2014
- November 17-21 - Red Ribbon Week
- November 17-21 - Book Fair
- Monday, November 17th- Social Studies Quiz
- Tuesday, November 18th - Science Vocab Quiz #7
- Tuesday, November 18th - Ms. Rice and Ms. Mingus visit the book fair
- Wednesday, November 19th - Ms. Swiggum visit the book fair
- Wednesday, November 19th ELA Spelling Quiz
- Friday, November 21st - Ms. Hasic and Ms. Dempsey visit the book fair
- Friday, November 21st - Reading Project Due
- Friday, November 21st - Science Fair Bibliography Due (see portal for form)
- Friday, November 21st - Math Facts Quiz
Accelerated: Students will continue reading The Phantom Tollbooth and completing comprehension questions. This week students have begun identifying the lessons characters attempt to teach Milo in The Phantom Tollbooth. Next week, students will learn the connections between character names and vocabulary definitions. In an effort to build strong reading comprehension skills, it is important that students read for at least 20 minutes everyday. Students will be given a new reading log to complete every Monday and turn in the following Monday for a homework grade. The Travel Guide Brochure Project for The Phantom Tollbooth is due Friday, November 21. Students have received a copy of the assignment and information is also posted on the FSA Portal.
On Level/Advanced: Next week we will cover the following 4th Grade Language Standards: simile and metaphor, idioms, adages, proverb, as well as synonyms and antonyms. Spelling Quiz Wednesday 11/19/14.
On level/Advanced Spelling Words: simile, metaphor, idiom, adages, proverbs, synonyms, antonyms, debate, homophones, hyperbole.
Accelerated: Next week we will cover the following 4th Grade Language Standards: simile and metaphor, idioms, adages, proverb, as well as synonyms and antonyms. Spelling Quiz Wednesday 11/19/14.
Accelerated Spelling Words: simile, metaphor, idiom, adages, proverbs, synonyms, antonyms, hyperbole, homographs, onomatopoeia.
Accelerated: Next week in math, students will begin multiplying fractions and mixed numbers by whole numbers and other fractions.
All Classes: There will be a multiplication facts quiz on Friday, November 21. If your child will not be in class on Friday, please let me know and I will arrange to give the quiz at another time. A multiplication table is available on Class Resources if your child needs to practice his or her facts.
- Students should read and highlight their Ecology handout packet by November 17th
- Vocab Quiz #7 is on Tuesday, November 18th
- Science Fair Bibliography is due November 21st (see the portal for more info)
- Unit 2 Exam Study Guide is due on Monday, December 1st
- Unit 2 Exam on Ecology is on Tuesday, December 2nd
Students will receive their Colonies project rubric this week as well.
Monday Nov. 17th- Quiz ( English Settlements)
Monday Dec. 8th- Colonies Brochure Due
Friday Dec. 12th - Colonization of North America Study Guide Due
Monday Dec.15th - Colonization of North America Test
Bring in your donations between
November 10th- November 20th4th grade- hearty soups and canned fruit
Food will be donated to the North Fulton Community Charities