Beacon Tree Elementary
Welcome To The New School Year
It's Almost Time!
First Day of School!
Kindergarten Through 6th GradeSchool Start Time: 9:20am (Doors open for students at 9:10am)
School Dismissal Time: 4:10pm
*School Dismissal on Scheduled HALF DAYS: 12:24pm
AM Program: 9:35am - 12:00pm
PM Program: 1:25pm - 3:50pm
School Supply Lists
Please remember that this is only a suggested list. The items that the teachers have listed are not requirements for the school year.
School Age Childcare
AM Childcare: Working On Staffing
PM Childcare: Students will be bussed to Beck Elementary again
We are currently looking for ONE person to run the morning program here at Beacon Tree Elementary! We have coverage Tuesdays through Fridays, but just need coverage for Mondays! If you are interested/able, please contact us here at the building and we will get you in touch with Community Education.
Classroom Assignments and Bus Stop Information
Bus stop information will be emailed to eligible families on Wednesday, August 24th
Classroom assignments will be emailed to families on Thursday, August 25th after 3:00pm. If you do not receive your child's information, please contact our office for assistance.
*Please know that any request made, are just that - requests. We cannot guarantee any placement of students. Teachers take a lot of time to place students in classrooms for the upcoming year. They look at several characteristics when it comes to placement. Moving classrooms is extremely rare, and usually cannot happen due to classroom numbers. Thank you for your understanding.
Student Entry/Exit Locations
Door 10 (Far North End of the Building): Kindergarten and 1st Grade Students
Door 1(Main Door): 2nd and 3rd Grade Students
Door 2 (Left of the Flag Pole): 4th and 5th Grade Students
Door 3 (Far South End of the Building: 6th Grade Students
*Our school day begins at 9:20am. If you arrive after 9:20am, please utilize the Main Entrance (Door 1). All exterior doors close at 9:20am.
PowerSchool To Do List
Directions to update PowerSchool are found by clicking HERE.
Now that forms are all digitized, you will have to take care of some forms that are found within PowerSchool. Please utilize the directions below to help you complete this task.
Once in Power School, please look to the left side of the screen under Navigation and find FORMS.
Once you click on FORMS, you will be taken to a new screen where you will have multiple tabs to select. You will need to be in the GENERAL FORMS tab. Please read and review all forms that are necessary for completion. Student Address, Legal Guardians, Emergency Contacts, and Health Information are needed ONLY IF THERE ARE CHANGES FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR.
Once all changes are made, click on REQUIRED TO COMPLETE EACH YEAR (located at the bottom of the Annual Update section)
All parents are to complete the following forms:
- Annual Emergency Data Verification
- Parent-Student Handbook Acknowledgement: This has 3 parts. Parents acknowledge that they have read and reviewed the linked handbook with their child/children. Both parent and student consent to the use of electronic signatures
- Technology Device Use Agreement
Click SUBMIT when completed
If you have questions about the forms or how to complete them, please contact our office for assistance😊
Beacon Tree Elementary PaySchools Link HERE
- Food Allergies/Insect Allergies/Latex Allergies: FARE Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan, Michigan Department of Education Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations, 2 Authorization for Medications (one for an antihistamine and one for Epinephrine, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus)
- MDE Dietary Accommodations: Required for Food Services for students with Food Allergies
- Asthma: Asthma Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for a rescue inhaler, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus)
- Seizure: Seizure Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication for rescue medications and//or other medications, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus)
- Diabetes: Diabetes Health Care Plan, 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus), and you must submit your Diabetes Medical Management Plan from your Endocrinologist
- Heart Condition: Heart Condition Health Care Plan and 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus)
- Any Other Diagnosis: General Health Care Plan, Authorization for Medication (if needed), 2 Transportation Forms (if your child rides the bus)
Please return all the necessary completed and signed forms to Beacon Tree Elementary. You can email them to our Beacon Tree Office HERE
Your cooperation will help ensure a safe and healthy school year! Any questions can be directed to our District Nurse, Rebecca Rosbolt, BSN, RN, Utica Community School's District Nurse email@example.com
Important Dates To Know:
Friday, September 2nd: No School
Monday, September 5th: No School - Labor Day
Wednesday, September 14th: No School - Professional Development
Wednesday, September 21st: Picture Day!