Part 1: ISTE Standards & Growth mindset
Welcome to your first quest matey. This quest is divided into two parts. During this quest, you will learn about the ISTE Standards and Growth mindset. These are two big topics that will be the underpinning of this course. Come ready to discuss how these concepts and how they relate. This quest should take you no more than 2 hours to complete.
- Questions: Think about the questions posed here. These are big guiding questions. You don't need to submit anything for this part.
- Understanding ISTE Standards: Read ISTE Standards for teachers PDF and ISTE Standards for students web page.
- Explore ISTE Standards: Create a sketch note about one of the ISTE Standards for teachers and one of the ISTE Standards for students. Upload a picture of both of your sketch notes to My GCC.
- Understanding Growth mindset: Read the Edutopia article linked and review the growth mindset image.
- Explore Growth Mindset: Take this 15 question survey about your mindset. Document your numbers and bring them to and discuss. Upload a screenshot of the completed quiz with your mindset number displayed.
As you work through this QUEST
- What are the ISTE Standards for teachers?
- What are the ISTE Standards for students?
- What is a growth mindset and why is it different than a fixed mindset?
- Why do we need to know about these ideas as future educators?
Understanding - ISTE Standards for Teachers
You may want to bookmark this page for reference.
Explore - ISTE Standards
- Learn about sketch notes in the presentation below.
Grab a piece of paper, put on that artistic hat, get out those pens and crayons, and start sketchnoting!
Create a sketch note about one ISTE Standard for teachers
Create a sketch note about one ISTE Standard for students
Submit two separate files in My GCC.
- Bring 1 copy of your sketch notes to class.
Understanding - Growth Mindset
Explore- Growth Mindset
Take this 15 question survey about your mindset. Document your numbers and bring them to class to discuss.