Fifth Grade Newsletter
January 10, 2019
Multicultural Night: January 24th 6:00-7:30 PM
Smith is a great community with many diverse cultures. At our annual Multicultural Night we showcase this amazing diversity - but we need your help to make it a success!
If you are interested in hosting a country table or want to learn more about how you can help, please complete this form as soon as possible and a member of our committee will contact you with more information.
- If you are walking to pick up your child, please remember no pets are allowed on campus.
- Pull as far up as possible in the car line so we can keep the line moving. The teachers will make sure your child gets to your car.
- Cross the road in designated crosswalks.
- Place your child's name sign in the window. If you need another sign, please let your child's homeroom teacher know.
Cold Weather and Recess
- We will go out for recess if the temperature/wind chill is ABOVE 37 degrees.
- If the temperature/wind chill is BETWEEN 32 and 37 degrees, we will go outside for half of recess.
- We will have indoor recess if the temperature/wind chill is BELOW 32 degrees.
- Teachers check the temperature/wind chill shortly before recess time (10:00 am).
Reading - Events, Character Development, and Foreshadowing in Fiction
Writing - Imaginative Writing
Science - Water Cycle
Social Studies - War of 1812
Order Your Yearbook!
January 11 - 2nd Nine Weeks Awards, Gordon Korman Pre-Oder Forms Due
January 21 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
January 24 - Multicultural Night 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
February 19 - 5th Grade Symphony Field Trip