Edmond Santa Fe High School
End of First Semester/Winter Break
- Exemptions for First Semester Tests will be given to students on Wednesday, December 13th. A student with good attendance can choose to exempt a test in one class where he or she is making an A or B. Students will turn in the exemption paper to the teacher whose class is being selected for the exemption and then the test will be exempted from the overall grade.
- Grades and attendance still count to earn semester credit even after exemptions are given out. Sometimes students think that grades and attendance stop on exemption notification day.
- Semester Tests will take place on December 19th and 20th, 2017. Hours 1, 3, 5, and 7 will be on Tuesday the 19th. Hours 2, 4, 6, and 7 will be on Wednesday the 20th.
- During Semester Test Days on December 19th and 20th, the office will not be delivering passes to students during designated testing times. Please coordinate in advance (with both the attendance office and your student) if your student needs to be checked out early on December 19th and 20th.
- Students who will miss school during Semester Test Days will need to plan to make up tests after the break on January 4th and 5th (unless special permission is given to test early by Administration). Only students with unique family situations (such as an immediate family illness or international travel) or medical emergencies (such as a scheduled surgery) will be given permission to test early.
- Semester 1 Grades will be finalized by teachers on Friday, January 5th, 2018 (the second day back from Winter Break).
- Winter Break is from December 21st, 2017 thru January 3rd, 2018. School resumes on January 4th, 2018.
- With classes still very full, please understand that schedule changes in most situations cannot be accommodated.
- Communication among teachers, students, and parents is vital to the education process. Teachers have been asked to contact the parents of students who are struggling. Likewise, please also be willing to communicate with the teacher when you have a concern.
- Free After-School Tutoring (provided by Santa Fe teachers) will be available to students in the Media Center from 2:30-4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting January 16th, 2018. Teachers from Math, English, Science, and Social Studies will be available to help students with assignments, explain curriculum content, assist with projects, and monitor quizzes and tests. This twice a week opportunity is a great way to provide students additional time and support for their studies. (Transportation will not be provided.)
- Thank you for helping to make the first semester of 2017-2018 a success! Happy Holidays! Enjoy your Winter Break!