Blue Devil Bulletin
Principal's Newsletter- 3/24/23
Marietta Middle School Mission and Vision
Engage- Discover- Excel
Our vision is to prepare all students for success in high school and beyond by fostering a caring, globally minded culture that embraces diversity, emphasizes academic rigor, and ignites a passion for learning.
Follow Us on Social Media
MMS Instagram: @marietta_ms
MMS on Facebook: https://facebook.com/MariettaMiddleSchool
MMS on Twitter: @MariettaMiddleS
Follow Principal Brown on Instagram @bluedevilprincipal
Follow Principal Brown on Twitter: @Diona_Brown
Updated Unified Dress Code
Shirts: Any Marietta Shirt
blue, black, gray, white (solid) or
any color Marietta outerwear
Jean jackets (NO rips, fringes)
Pants: joggers, long shorts, skorts, sweatpants, leggings, khakis, jeans (NO rips) - long shorts, skorts should be at least 4 inches above student knee
Blue, black, gray solid
Students are not permitted to wear bubble shoes, slides, or 1/2 open toe UGGs.
Applerouth-Free PSAT Practice for 8th Grade Students
Rising 9th grade Student Information
Families of rising 9th grade students:
We have made some updates to our Registration Timeline and Resources, SY2024.
- Student Scheduling Meeting w/Counselors: Monday, 30 January 2023 to Friday, 24 March 2023
- Parent Review of Student Course Request: Monday, 10 April 2023, to Monday, 17 April 2023 at 4:00p
- Parent Review of Student Course Request Explanation Zoom Meeting: Tuesday, 11 April 2023, at 6:30p
We will host a Zoom meeting on Tuesday, 11 April 2023, to explain the Parent Review of Student Course Request process.
Please email MHSClassSchedules@marietta-city.org with any questions.
As a reminder there is NO SCHOOL for spring break starting April 3rd- 7th.
Students will return back to MMS on Monday April 10th, 2023.
Rising 7th and 8th grade Elective Registration Information
The elective window for rising 7th and 8th grade students for 2023-2024 school year opens on Tuesday, March 7 through Friday, March 24. Students will have an opportunity to register during Launch and Lunch. Students will register for elective classes as well as world language classes. Students can also complete the process outside of class. Here are some resources to assist families in this process.
MMS Elective Course Request Instructions for 2023-2024:
MMS Elective Request Form:
Some of our advanced fine arts classes require teacher recommendation, teacher placement, or auditions. Below are links for more information regarding our fine arts program and audition information.
Marietta Middle School Band Flyer.pdf
Marietta Middle School Chorus.pdf
Advanced Chorus Auditions through Schoology-Join Course with code: PT8G-PCVJ-75M5R
Marietta Middle School Orchestra.pdf
Enhanced Theatre Arts:
Marietta Middle School Theatre Arts.pdf
Advanced Studio Visual Arts:
Executive Functioning Class
Arts Registration Timeline and Resources
Rising 8th grade students, please see the link below to view the 2024 Arts Registration Timeline which includes information regarding applications and audition information.
2024 Arts Registration Timeline and Resources-https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T5YaHVvwHCxgtAuLpNyH30k4p0dIVshkcJzeon2Ezto/edit?usp=sharing
8th Grade Overnight Fieldtrip
We are excited to tell you about our 8th-grade overnight field trip to Savannah, Georgia. The students will participate in college tours at Georgia Southern University, Savannah State University, and Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). Additionally, students will travel to some historical sites and spend time in downtown Savannah. Please see the flyer with more details below.
PAL (Marietta Police Athletic League) Programs
See flyers below for some amazing opportunities!
Absence and Excuse Notes
Sign-up to receive text message updates from Principal Brown
Join our Remind MMS Parent group if you are interested in receiving text message updates from Principal Brown. Directions on how to join are located below.
We would like to begin our first ever “Dad’s Club.” If you would like to volunteer to assist during lunch time, at car rider in the morning, or serve as a mentor, please complete the volunteer form linked below. https://forms.gle/xs6p6jSb1QMwajrS9
Breakfast and lunch are no longer free for all students this year. Please be sure to send your student to school with money for lunch or with a packed lunch.
Lunch applications are now available online. Click the link below to complete the lunch application for your student. Please complete the lunch application even if you are unsure if you qualify.
Lunch Application Link: https://family.titank12.com/
Interested in Giving Back to Our School?
We are looking for business partners to help sponsor a few fun things at our school. If you are interested in donating funds or items to our school, please contact Erika Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love your support with funding:
Pizza parties for students as positive behavior incentives
Snacks for students as positive behavior incentives
Field Trips for students
Donations for teacher appreciation items throughout the year
iPads and technology for students to use in our Design Lab
Please click the link below to view the Middle School Athletic programs, tryout dates, and game dates.
If your child is a walker or has your permission to walk somewhere after school, please ensure they receive a "walker pass" for their backpack.
Please email our front office at email@example.com if your child needs a walker pass no later than 1:00 PM.
Students MUST have a walker pass to walk from school in the afternoon; this includes students wanting to walk to Marietta Square and football games.
Who to Contact
Who to Contact
Please view our “who to contact” sheet attached below for more information about who to contact for essential information at MMS.
Transportation/ Dismissal Changes
Chromebook Device Agreement Form
Just a reminder, ALL students must have a signed Chromebook agreement form to take their device home. Chromebook distribution will begin on Wednesday after MAP testing. We recommend utilizing the school-issued Chromebooks so your child can access all of our school resources and websites. Please give signed and completed forms to your child's homeroom (launch) teacher.
Please see a copy of our Bell Schedule below. Our school begins promptly at 7:45 am. Students must be in their first-period class no later than 7:45 am not to be counted as tardy. To avoid being late to class, we encourage our families to drop students off to please have their students to school no later than 7:30 am. This allows your child time to attend their “launch” class to hear important announcements and ensures they arrive at the first period on time.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
We will have lots of opportunities for parents to volunteer and support MMS. Please complete the form below if you are interested in helping or serving on a committee. https://forms.gle/4TcP8kbWnMyXGX6E7
Platinum Level Sponsors
- Stonebridge Church- supports academic initiatives, teacher appreciation, and school beautification
Gold Level Sponsors
- Cool Kids Committee- Supports the Blue Devil Express, provides snacks and uniforms to students, provides mentoring for students, and assists with beautification projects in the school
- Zaxby's- donates money towards school supplies, student events, lunch on the green, student t-shirts, and teacher appreciation
- Credit Union of Georgia- supports student-sponsored events and student t-shirts
- The Marietta Schools Foundation- supports our school with financial contributions and sponsoring student t-shirts
Silver Level Sponsors
- The Persons Firm- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Parallel- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Poole's Pharmacy- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- WhiteHawk Construction- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Barnes Law Group- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Ansley Atlanta via Johnny Sinclair - sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Summit Heating and Air- sponsors student agendas and supports our school with financial contributions
- Turner Chapel AME Church- purchases items for the 8th Grade Walk and participates in SGT
Bronze Level Sponsors
- Marietta Power and Water- supports STEM and garden projects, and teacher appreciation
- Communities in Schools of Georgia in Marietta/Cobb County- sponsors the Blue Devil Express and donates uniforms and snacks
- The Veterinary Clinic- sponsoring in-house field trips and internships for our students