March 27 - April 9
What We're Learning
We are doing a unit on fairy tales. What are the components of a fairy tale? Also, we are recalling the important events in a story.
We will continue to provide support and activities in letter and sound recognition.
Sight Word List: we, you, from, am, a, are, can, do, for, go, he, have, here, I, is, it, to, like, little, my, me, of, see, the, were, where, said, play, run, up, they, not, was, of, and, all, they, that, this, than, was, as, with, be, saw, our, good
Rhyming- a lot of activities over the next few weeks will focus on rhyming which helps build reading and writing skills.
A great way to start communication with your child is to ask:
What is your favorite fairy tale?
Do you know what to do when you get to school? Is it being kind to say, "You can't be my friend?"
Can you count to 100 by 1's, 5's and 10's.
Math (Unit 12) 2D and 3D shapes
Science- Tornados and hurricanes....how are they formed?
Social Studies- Why do we need maps?
- Students should be in the classroom by 9:10. Please make every effort to arrive on time.
- Please check your child's folder weekly. Take out all student work.
- Students who have followed the PBIS rules of respect (being kind to others), responsibility (finishing their work), self-control (safe hands and feet) and safety (walking in the hall, classroom and restroom) will have a stamp on their hand. If your child doesn't have a stamp on their hand, please ask them why.
- Plenty of children are falling asleep in class. Children at this age need about 10 hours of sleep each night.
- WEEKLY fundraiser. Please see the information coming home on Monday in your child's folder. (pink paper)
- International Night! Please see the paper coming home in your child's folder.
- PBIS Field trip, Friday, April 28 to Grant's Farm. Students who consistently follow the rules will be given a field trip form.
- Botanical Gardens field trip, May 17.
If you have any questions regarding bus transportation, please call (314)449-9162.
- If your child will be absent, please call the office at 314-481-0420 so that the absence is excused.
- If your child will be going home a different way than usual, you need to call the school or leave a message with the teacher in ClassDojo before 3:45 PM.
- When students are absent, missed work will be placed in their folder. They can complete it at home. It does not need to be returned.
We need boxes of tissue. Please consider donating at least 1 box of tissue to our class. We are almost out. Thanks.