KP Class News
We are beginning our study of space. The students are creating space books in which they learn facts about each planet in our solar system and then draw the planet using different art materials. We are learning these songs about space. Feel free to practice at home!
Conferences will be held later this month on the afternoons of March 12th, 18th and 24th. These will be half-days for all students (no long day).
Reading Baggies and Sight Words
Things to do at home
· Practice writing simple sentences in a journal.
· Have your child cut a picture out of a magazine. Then, he or she can write sentences explaining what is going on in the picture.
· Go over sight words every night.
· Have your child count two sets of objects and tell you which has more and which has less.
· Have your child read a book to you every night. He or she should be able to recognize sight words and sound out some of the CVC words.
· Break numbers down into their “partners.”
Spirit Week March 9-13
Next week is spirit week at Milton! The fair will be on March 14th at Milton School. Here is the schedule:
Monday - Crazy Hat Day (Wear a crazy hat to school)
Tuesday - Twin/triplet day (friends can dress up like twins of each other in matching outfits)
Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day (self explanatory)
Thursday - Be a "Surfer" Day (try to look like a real "surfer dude" with shorts, sunglasses, etc.)
Friday - Wear your Milton Fair shirts, pep rally assembly