Chapman Chargers Update
Good Afternoon Chapman Families!
Don't forget that Monday, February 18th is President's Day and there is no school! Enjoy your extra long weekend.
Thursday, February 21st is the 100 Days of School. Come to school dressed like you are 100 years old!!!!
Friday, February 22nd Heart Challenge Money is due!
There will be a youth baseball clinic on Saturday, March 16th hosted by Carlson HS Baseball coaching staff and team. Please see flyer below for more information.
* If your child is registered at Champions, they have a snow day option! Please contact them for more information.
* Starting Monday 1/28/19, Champions will be starting a Sewing Club! ANY student can sign up for this club. Contact Champions for more information.
* Starting Friday 2/1/19, Champions will be starting a Science Club! Again, any student can sign up for this club through Champions!
Call Champions at (734) 379-6383 for more information.
February food menu is attached at the bottom of the newsletter!
* Please make sure that all students have coats (Boots and Snow pants too!) when they come to school! We are in that transition of cold weather and I would hate to have students miss a needed recess because they are not dressed appropriately. If your child is in need of a coat, please contact me and I will make sure that they have one. It is also a good idea to pack extra socks and an extra set of clothes in backpacks in case students get wet playing in the snow.
This Week's Schedule:
Running Club 8 AM
PTO Meeting 6 PM
School of Choice Window Opens!
Kindergarten Registration Begins!
Third Grade Field Trip to Henry Ford Museum
Running Club 8 AM
100th Day of School
Heart Challenge money due
Please be patient and pull as far forward as possible in the carpool line. BOTH doors are open for students to enter the building. Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in carpool and do not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the carpool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Watchdogs are up and running! If you would like to volunteer to be a Watchdog, please go to this link to sign up! Thank you in advance to all of our Watchdogs!
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettil and #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary