Foussat Weekly Happenings
Friday, May 6, 2022
Good Evening Foussat Families,
Today is the last day for our One Book One School activities with The One and Only Ivan . I hope that you were able to participate in some of the many family Ivan activities at home. Here at school our students had opportunities to do art, STEM activities, read and even do a Kahoot challenge with Ivan as the focus. The goal of the OBOS is to nurture a love of reading and build a sense of community. I think that I can say we definitely hit the mark!
The news and updates for the week are:
- This week all of our students had an opportunity to Zoom with Jodi Carrington, the zookeeper that took care of Ivan in Atlanta. I included some of the pictures that she shared with us. A big thank you to Mr. Woods, who made this possible.
- Again, I have to thank Ms. Quinn for putting together another fabulous One School One Book Event. Putting this together takes many, many hours and it wouldn't have been possible without her expertise and dedication.
- OBOS also would not have been possible without the support of our amazing PTA. I know that this school year is almost over, but please consider joining next year and becoming a part of this organization that is solely dedicated to helping our school and students.
- Speaking of PTA, please join us on Thursday, May 12th for our next PTA meeting. The meeting will be held via Zoom and you can join by using this link https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88914692099&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1652307638709758&usg=AOvVaw25yIX9TZQ-eGzSrdPlCueb
- Save the date...we will be having our first "Open House" in two years on May 25th from 5:00 - 6:00 PM. We look forward to seeing many of you there!
- On behalf of all our teachers I would like to thank you for showing our teachers that they are loved and much appreciated. During this Teachers' Appreciation Week they received cards, beautiful flowers and an outpouring of gratitude from many of our students and families. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Foussat has the best teachers in all of OUSD!
- We have new Foussat Falcon t-shirts and sweatshirts that are available. They will also be available for purchase at our Open House
- There will be a book fair from May 23rd to 27th. This will be a great time to stock up on some books for summer reading! We will be sending out more information as the date gets closer and we will also be asking for volunteers.
- The next regularly scheduled OUSD board meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 10th, at 6:00 PM, at Chavez Middle School.
Some information for you to keep in mind...
- A reminder for next year...every 5 years, as required by board policy, elementary school schedules change. Beginning in the fall of 22/23 school year, grades 1 - 5 will be in school from 8:15 AM - 2:55 PM, minimum day will be 8:15 AM - 12:25 PM. TK and kinder students will attend from 8:15 AM to 2:10 PM. Minimum days will be from 8:15 AM - 12:25 PM.
- We've had some new kinder students register since last week. The window for kinder registration is now open - if you have an incoming kinder student or know someone that does, make sure to get an early start on registration.
That's all for now, have a safe weekend and ... don't forget to tell you children how much you love them and appreciate them. And of course, take time to read as a family every night!
Oside Week in One Minute April 29, 2022