Kids in beauty pageants?
good or bad?
What is it?
Modeling,sports wear,evening attire,dance and talent.That is a child's beauty pageant,they have been around since the 1960's.Contestants earn money for college,pageants can benefit children's speaking skills and form a friendship.However,it may cause more harm than you think.
Kids judged on their looks
- Studies show it affects their self-esteem.
- Studies show they change their looks so much it changes who they really are.
- Fact shows the competition mainly focuses on the physical beauty of its contestants.
Early sexual looks
- The kids think their sexual appear matters about 52% more than anything else about them.
- parents drop $5000 on a pageant outfit.
- wear sexual clothing at a young age.
Physical health in a beauty pageant
- 66% of doctors say physical health also is negatively affected.
- clinical phychologiist Dr.Linda P says there have been many studies that show pageants affect everything from how girls do in school to relationships.
- Parents encourage children to quickly lose weight.