Hickory Highlights-November 1, 2021
Hickory School Hours - 9:25 am - 4:10 pm
Tuesday, November 2, is a district-wide e-learning day. Here's what you need to know.
- Go to Avon Community Schools home page.
- Click Students tab along the top.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Schoology’ Logo
- You will see a Microsoft Sign in page. Type in your student email, which is your student ID number 4 _ _ _ _ _ _ firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Next and type your password, which is your student ID number. Click Sign in. You should have received a ParentSquare message with your child's Schoology login information (grades 1-4). Kindergarten teachers will share student ID numbers with their students.
- You will click on Homeroom Course.
- If you do not see the Homeroom Course click on the word Courses at the top.
- Next, click on my courses on the right side. You should then be able to find the Homeroom Course.
What can I expect on an e-Learning Day?
- Teachers will have all learning activities posted to Schoology by 9:30 a.m.
- During the day teachers will have 90 minutes of live online office hours
- All student questions submitted by 3:15 will get a response by 3:45 p.m.
- Virtual classwork will fit within the current unit of study
- Assignments will be closely equivalent to school “seat-time”
- Students will have five days, beginning upon their return to school, to complete work in the event they are unable to finish during the virtual day due to service outage or other inability to access learning materials
HICKORY CALENDAR 2021-2022
Tues. Nov. 2-E-Learning Day-Students learn from home
Wed. Nov. 24 - Fri. Nov 26-Thanksgiving Break No School
Dec. 20 - Jan 3- Winter Break-No School
Tues. Jan. 4- Students Return from break
Mon. Jan. 17- No School-MLK Jr. Day
Mon. Feb. 28- ACSC Hearing Screenings, 1st and 4th graders (and new to Avon 1st-4th)
Mon. Feb. 21-No School-Presidents Day-(Snow Make Up Day if needed)
Mar. 21-April 1-Spring Break-No School
Fri. May 27-Students Last Day
VETERAN PHOTOS NEEDED BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5
Dear Hickory Families,
Veteran’s Day is just around the corner! We will be having another virtual Veteran’s Day program this year. We would love to include our Hickory family Veteran’s and active military members in our video. Please send photos to Miss Franklin at email@example.com no later than Friday, November 5th. Please include the Veteran’s name, the Hickory student they are related to, and their relation to that student. Thank you for your help with this and THANK YOU for your service!!
Congratulations to our Quarter 1 Honor Roll Recipients!
Thank you to everyone who made Hickory Loves to Read Night a Success!
Mrs. Marks reads to students at the Outdoor Learning Center.
Thank you to all of the families and students who volunteered to read on the "READERS are LEADERS" stage.
Kristen Nicoson enjoys reading in the OLC cabin.
Reminders from the School Nurse-
~ Please send your child to school with a mask. It is important that these are appropriately sized for your child. Ear loop face masks tend to work better than the gaiter style.
~ Also, please remember to send a water bottle to school with your child every day. Staying hydrated is important, and drinking fountains are not available for use.
~ If your child has had to borrow clothing from the clinic due to a potty accident or spill, please wash and return these items to school
~ Lastly, if you received a message from me indicating that I am missing your child's most up-to-date immunization record, please make every effort to submit that to school as soon as possible.
Thank you for your help in these important matters!
Amber Walker, RN