Low carb Diet
Original Atkins Diet (1981)
Weight loss process of ketosis
- Controlled level of carbohydrate intake
- For a minimum of two weeks you should only intake 20 grams of carbohydrate.(no starchy vegetables, fruit, grans, bread.)
- Small increases in carbohydrates are managed on a week by week basis.
- foods that lead weight gain should be avoided.
The New Atkins For A New You (2010)
- More focused on nutrition from fresh vegetables, lean protein, fruits, and whole grains.
- More flexible for people with busy lifestyle.
- More calories and protein control.
- Physical activity and exercise recommended
- options for those who are vegetarian are diabetic.
New Atkins made easy (2013)
- Includes shopping list
- New recipes and snakes
- Diet tracking , meal planning, and car counting app
- Quick results
- Many Atkins approve snacks available in grocery store
- Many restaurants have low carb options
- High fat
- In a long term some organs may be over worked
- promotion of there own foods and snacks of processed foods
One day meal
- Frozen Farmhouse style sausage scramble
- Strawberry shake
- Caramel chocolate peanut nougat bat
- Frozen chicken and broccoli alfredo
- Baby spinach
- Creamy italian dressing
I would not recommend this diet to any one to be honest. They make it seem like it is good, cheap and healthy. But it really isn't. You will lose the weight fast. I only recommend you to do it as a short term diet. Because it have bad long term effects. LIke it overworks some of your organs.