Buchanan Intermediate News
September 19th, 2016
- Clear Learning Goals - The ability of the teacher to identify and precisely express what students will know and be able to do as a result of the lesson. Key terms: Micro-goals (20 minute goals), content clarity (expressed as nouns), performance clarity (expressed as verbs).
- Congruency - The ability of the teacher to design classroom activities that are accurately matched to clear learning goals. Key terms: congruent vs. correlated or imposter activities.
- Task Analysis - The ability of the teacher to identify and sequence all the essential steps necessary for mastery of the learning goal. Key terms: roadmap, dependent sequence, independent sequence, essential learning, sub-learning--not activity.
The PTO met for the first time on Thursday, September 8th at 6:30 p.m. at the District Office. Several items were shared and I wanted to pass along some information to you:
The PTO has made a decision to return to the cookie dough fundraising event. Kick-off has already begun. The delivery is scheduled for November 10th at the Buchanan Intermediate building.
The first boxtop campaign will be from October 3rd -7th at all school buildings.
Spirit Wear items are in, including the new hoodie and can be ordered on-line. More than $15,000 has been raised this year with the sales of spirit wear. Orders can be made on line at the website squareup.com/store/bransonpto
The fall Book Fair is scheduled for the week of October 31-November 4th for all school buildings. The theme this year is “Bookaneer”.
PTO provides extra clothing, sock, shoes, etc. for each building in the district through the nurse’s office. Building nurses can contact PTO with specific needs. Laura is first seeking donations before using funds to purchase items.
You can find the Branson PTO on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at BRANSON PTO. E-mail at email@example.com or call at 417-332-3201x4211. Membership is only $5 per family.
- James shared his Canvas expertise w/us once again.
- Casey is a great "villain", but I'm confident she too can become a super hero soon.
- Betsy provided some great resources to help w/some very low readers in my room.
- A huge thanks to Coach Scott for making a real difference in the life of one of my students by sharing one of his A+ tutors. Thanks for caring for ALL students!
- The 4th grade team for my thoughtful birthday gift! I was blown away by your thoughtfulness.
- The 6th grade team for planning a fantastic kickoff character assembly!