Let the Games Begin
PD Session on using Games for Formative Assessment
* Participants will be able to create their own classroom formative assessments using various applications.
*Participants will be able to access data to view results from formative assessments created.*Participants will be able to evaluate platforms to find which works best with their subject area.
- Participants created formative assessment using tools demonstrated during session
- Participant can administer formative assessment to classroom
- Participants can analyze data using formative assessment tools in real time
Team Rubric Indicator: Activities and Materials, Motivating Students, Academic Feedback
NETS: Model digital age work and learning
TN Standards: Varies
PLC Guiding Questions
1. What is it we want our students to learn?
2. How will we know if each student has learned it?
3. How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
4. How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?
Digital Citizenship: Passwords, privacy, property
Join the Kahoot by going to kahoot.it
with Game PIN:
Let the Games Begin Tools Part One--Student Views
Game Code: 847223
Teams of students work together, racing to learn the material in a Quizlet study set. Correct answers move teams ahead, but wrong answers send teams back to zero.
Socrative is a cloud-based student response system developed in 2010 by Boston-based graduate school students. It allows teachers to create simple quizzes that students can take quickly on laptops – or, more often, via classroom tablet computers or their own smartphones.
Part Two: Teacher View
- Ghost Mode
- Blind Kahoot-https://getkahoot.com/blog/the-art-of-blind-kahoot-ing
- Kahoot Tutorials-https://getkahoot.com/tutorials/Kahoot_Tutorials.pdf
- Video tutorial- Video Tutorials- https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLPv3PEdH_aguo-jW9f3upYz0OU0RfO0HT&v=YVdYWzm
- Help Center - https://quizizz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Teleport your Questions—Combine quizzes https://blog.quizizz.com/teleport-your-questions-da2e5fbf8a24#.z6rtlo1xmp1gY