Providence Hall Junior High
One week and counting...
The countdown is on for the first day of school, and I know I say it all of the time, but we really can not wait to see your beautiful faces!
Since this is the time of year, where parents are trying to make sure they haven't missed anything between registration, back-to-school shopping, team tryouts, and last-minute family adventures, I will keep this short and sweet with a few gentle suggestions...
- Start practicing going to bed at school time so you are not a zombie once school starts. (I know...It sounds awful! You will thank us later.)
- Start checking your school email account for newsletter information. (Students and parents get newsletter links, so we are all in the know.)
- Tell your parents "thank you" for being stink'n awesome!
- Read ALL of the FAQ below... It will help with back-to-school jitters.
As always... Remember, we love you very much Patriots!!!
Dear Providence Hall Parents and Students,
Included in this email are the instructions to make online registration easy as well as some important attachments. Please read over everything carefully and don’t hesitate to contact our front office with any questions.
Awbree Summers- Principal
If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact one of our secretaries:
Edith Cutrer (firstname.lastname@example.org) Habla Español
Jennifer Nelson (email@example.com)
JH Office Hours starting August 2: 9:00-2:00
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Login to your Skyward Family Access account: https://skyward.iscorp.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wseduprovidencehallut/fwemnu01.w If you are a new family to PHJH, you will receive an email with your username and temporary password with the subject line "Family Access Account Information."
- There will be a tab that says 21-22 Online Registration & Information Update. Click this tab to begin. You need to complete the entire process for every child you will have enrolled at Providence Hall next year.
- Please complete each of the registration steps listed on the right side of the screen by clicking on the step or by clicking Next on the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a checkmark next to each step you have completed.
- On the final step, please click Submit Online Registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your registration is complete along with information about when your student’s schedule will be available on Skyward.
- Student lockers and combos can be viewed in August on Skyward by clicking on the Student Info tab and looking under the box labeled Providence Hall Junior High.
- All fee waivers must be turned into the office within 30 days of school starting (September 15). Fee waivers can be found in online registration or at Fee Waiver Applications.
- In order to view student schedules the following must be complete: Online registration, fees paid/fee waiver turned into front office, immunizations turned into Bree Ponce (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive a date to view schedules once online registration is complete. Any scheduling questions should be sent to Kristin Adams (email@example.com).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Inicio de sesión en tu cuenta "Skyward Family Access" : https://skyward.iscorp.com/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wseduprovidencehallut/fwemnu01.w Si eres nuevo a la familia de PHJH, tu vas a recibir en tu correo electrónico con tu nombre de usuario y contraseña temporal con la línea de asunto "Family Access Account Information."
- Habrá una pestaña que dice 21-22 Online Registration & Information Update. Haga clic en esta pestaña para comenzar. Tu vas a necesitar completar todo el proceso para cada estudiante que va a estudiar con Providence Hall este año.
- Por Favor completa cada paso de registración que está ubicado en la derecha de la pantalla de su computadora, clic en el paso o clic "Next " en la parte inferior de la pantalla.
- Vas a ver una marca de verificación junto a cada paso que hayas completado.
- En el paso final, por favor clic "Submit Online Registration".
- Vas a recibir un correo electrónico cuando has completado cada registración junto con información sobre cuándo estará disponible el horario de tu estudiante en Skyward.
- Lockers para cada estudiante y combos se pueden ver en Agosto por Skyward cuando hacen clic donde dice "Student Info" pestaña y mirando debajo del cuadro etiquetado Providence Hall Junior High.
- Todas las exenciones de cuotas tienen que estar entregadas en la oficina no más de 30 días después de que empieza la escuela (Septiembre 15). Las exenciones de cuotas se pueden encontrar en línea cuando se complete la registración o clic Fee Waiver Applications.
- Para que puedan ver los de cada estudiante se tiene que completar lo siguiente: Registración en línea, entregar los papeles de exenciones de cuotas en la oficina de la escuela, inmunizaciones entregado a Bree Ponce (firstname.lastname@example.org). Van a recibir un correo electrónico cuando terminen con todos los pasos de registración . Si tienen preguntas sobre las clases de su estudiante manden un correo electrónico a la Senorita Kristin Adams (email@example.com).
Si hablan español y tienen preguntas sobre su registración para sus estudiantes, recargo cualquiera de nuestras tres escuelas, por favor manda un correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org y te mando una respuesta lo antes posible.
QUICK REGISTRATION TUTORIAL
HOW TO LOAD THE SKYWARD APP TO YOUR PHONE
HOW TO BE A GRADE STALKER (IT IS TRULY ONE OF THE BEST PARTS OF PARENTING!)
FEE SCHEDULE AND WAIVERS 2021-2022
To view the 2021-2022 Fee Schedule and Fee Waivers please click the link below.
**FEE WAIVERS MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN BY SEPTEMBER 16TH**
Fee Waiver English
Fee Waiver Spanish
2021-2022 Fee Schedule
Need Help With Registration In Spanish?
One Stop Shop For Back To School FAQ
Q: When can I come and walk my schedule, try out my locker, and meet my teachers?
A: At Back to School Night this Thursday, August 12 from 6-7:30. Back to School Night is Open House style, so come when you can for as long as you'd like! We will have a cool contest students can participate in to earn some PBIS rewards and prizes!
Q: I've got my schedule, how do I know when my lunch is?
A: That's a great question! All 6th graders have A Lunch. For 7th and 8th graders, lunch is based on your 6th-period teacher. We've attached the list below for your reference. Also, know that we will be announcing it the first couple of days of school to help students know where they are going when. So no stress! We got you!
Q: How do I know when classes are?
A: Check out our Bell Schedule! We're also attaching the schedule for the 6th graders who start on August 17.
Q: How do I know where my classes even are??
A: We got you here too! Not only will teachers be available between classes to help guide you where you should go next, but there's this handy map you can use to check out where your classes are located!
Q: What's the deal with breakfast and lunch?
A: This year breakfast and lunch are free for all students! You can come into the building at 7:15 for breakfast (it's DELICIOUS!). Mrs. Olsen (the Kitchen Manager) is AMAZING and lunch is delicious. So come prepared to eat up and enjoy some yummy food.
Q: Ummmm what is Crew?? I didn't sign up for that class!
A: Crew is our version of "Advisory." It's going to be one of your favorite classes in no time flat! You'll meet with your Crew Captain for about 20 minutes Monday-Thursday to cover the basics of how to be the best junior high student you can be. It's a good place to ask questions, make friends, and regroup.
Q: Ummm there's a mistake on my schedule. Help?
A: See the first email Mrs. Turley sent out last Friday (she was having a hard day). It has instructions for submitting info to get your schedule all fixed up. :)
Q: I'm super nervous and worried about the first day of school. What can I do?
A: Take 3 deep breaths and know that you definitely won't be the only student nervous the first day (heck even the first week!) of school. We have a whole building of teachers, staff, and seasoned Patriots who will be here to help you. You've got this!
First Day Of School For Everyone
Different Bell Schedules Throughout the Year
PHJH Dance Team and Cheer Tryouts (For Students NEW to PHJH Only)
Are You Curious About The Theme For National History Day This Year?
The History department is excited to share with you the information about this year's National History Day theme.
Check out all of the opportunities to get a jump start below!
NHD theme webinar for students, teachers, and parents: Wednesday, August 25, 2021, at 7 pm ET / 5 pm MT. Register for this free webinar HERE.
The bulk of the session will be taking questions from students/teachers. You can register a question when you sign up for the webinar or ask live. Our friends at the National Archives and the White House Historical Association will join us for the program. If you are interested but cannot join live, please register anyway. This gives you the option to submit a question, and you'll get an email the next day with the link to the recording.
3. Join NHD Utah for our own theme session on August 26 @ 4:00-6:00 pm. Also free, to register for this teacher PD HERE. We'll spend an hour or so on how to break down debate and diplomacy for students and help them find a great topic, then we'll offer an hour on NHD Basics for new teachers.
4. Visit nhd.org/theme for all of NHD's theme resources, which include:
- Theme video (available now)
- Theme book
- D&D graphic organizer
- Recorded webinar (available after Aug 25)
Information From The Nutrition Services Department
The Nutrition Department is excited to share a few key items for next year:
- New online menu platform: https://schools.mealviewer.com/district/ProvidenceHallAcademy
- Continue to offer free school meals for the SY22
- SY22 Free/ Reduced Meal Applications are available in Skyward.
We ask that all families, please, continue to fill out Free/ Reduced Meal applications because federal programs are based on Free/ Reduced percentages. Free/ Reduced Meal applications are available in Skyward.
When you go to the Mealviewer website you will need to choose your school and create a profile.
You can access our new online menu platform in multiple ways.
District Web Link
Digital Suite iOS App Download Link
Digital Suite Android App Download Link
Junior High School Digital Suite Web Link
Parents, we do ask that you continue to help your student(s) to bring their school IDs daily so we can continue to have touchless points of sale during meal times.