January 2016 Newsletter
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” (Abraham Lincoln)
It’s that time of year for reflection, where New Year’s resolutions are created and Performance Year End review takes place… and the perfect time to think about the next step in your career.
According to a recent study by Bersin and Deloitte 1%* of a typical work week is all that employees have to focus on training and development. With that in mind, why not kick-off your 2016 career aspirations with a little inspiration?
Whether you’re stuck in a rut or don’t know which direction to take your career in next, we have some advice, tools and inspiring talks to get your career in focus.
2015 in Summary
Classroom Feedback: 2015 Highlights
They say a picture speaks a thousand words... so we have created a word-cloud from the written feedback comments you have provided. Here is a selection of the positive descriptive words you have used!
Did you know that there are 35 providers that you can access external virtual training from?
There's everything from Big Data Analytics to Gamification, by Universities such as Harvard and Berkley.
Have a browse here at the training available from providers such as Cousera and edX. You can also download an app from some of the providers and complete the training anytime, anywhere.
Send Europe Learning your certificates of completion so that they can count towards your 40 hours of training at Capco.
When searching for a topic, keep an eye out for 'Mentoring' in the results. This means that there is a dedicated subject expert available on chat function 24/7 to help you with your learning questions.
Log on to www.mycapco.com
Click on 'people' icon and 'Learning Hub'
The log in screen will appear, enter your Capco User ID and password and get ready to explore whats on offer.
The Belgium classroom training calendar will be published in March 2016. You may be able to attend a course that is 1 day or longer in another location though, so please check the EU training calendar here and seek approval from your local Learning and Development Representative, Desiree Senden, and your Project Manager.
If you attend a course that requires travel and accommodation, please wait until you have received confirmation of your place on the course before booking your travel and accommodation from Europe Learning.
Classroom Trainer Pool
We pride ourselves on the SME’s we have at Capco and their commitment to sharing their knowledge and expertise. If you would like to join the trainer pool, we are recruiting new trainers for our CORE programmes including, Consulting 101 & 201, BA,and Project Management as well as Communication, PowerPoint and Story-boarding.
Please contact Europe Learning if you are interested in becoming a trainer. You are required to have been at Capco at least 6 months, be an SME in the subject you wish to teach, SC+ grade, and will need to or have completed 'Train the Trainer'.
What is MINDCAP?
- MindCap is a Capco internal platform for knowledge multiplication and sharing, enabling colleagues (especially juniors) to actively investigate and present a topic.
- The bi-weekly knowledge sharing sessions have specific topics. All sessions will be held by one or more presenters.
- The MindCap sessions will be held via Bluejeans to enable all Capco staff to participate regardless of their current location.
- The 60-90 minute sessions include a Q&A part ensuring that the audience can go into dialogue about details.
- Recording and archiving the sessions will - over time - generate a knowledge pool and enable people to review missed sessions.
- The concept is open for a broad range of topics and does not need to be backed up by project experience, this theoretical approach ensures a broad basis of potential presenters.
To attend please look out for the diary invitations and follow enrollment instructions.
- 03 Feb, 7pm – 8h30pm CET: Anti-Money Laundry, Counter-Terrorist-Financing & Sanctions by Niclas Müller
- 17 Feb, 7pm – 8h30pm CET: Systematization of the EBA Stress Test 2014 results by Valerie Jazen
- 02 Mar, 7pm – 08h30pm CET: Product Oversight and Governance by Rolf Enders
- 16 Mar, 7pm – 08h30pm CET: Growing AML focus in Asian countries by Said El Majdoub