News & Notes
March 18, 2016
Professional Learning Communities
- Presentations should be about 15 minutes in length. The additional time can be used for questions.
- It will take us some time to get through all the presentations. Your PLC's have worked so hard, you deserve the time to shine!!!
- If your group presentation will be longer, please let me know.
- Please include resources for your colleagues
- If you need any technology/screen set-up, please put in a request for those
- Use the "padlet" link to sign your group up for a Monday presentation time
Use padlet to sign your group up for a PLC presentation date
Let me know if you need help.
Trying Something New
The webinars were long- 3 hours each, but VERY interactive. Eric would present a series of apps or websites and then assign a task of 5 to 30 minutes in length. The participants would have to submit or respond using the technology he just modeled. One of the assignments was to use SMORE.com to create a flier or newsletter. I have been "playing" with SMORE ever since and used the free version to create this newsletter. I am not a master yet, but I like the way it looks.
The padlet link was also one of my assignments. This is a nice tool when you would like feedback that can be anonymous. It can also be a way to share and store websites, videos and presentations.
As I try something new, you may all become the guinea pigs for the new learning. I hope, and encourage you to, try some of the tools I share. Some may be more appropriate for the adult learners, however, some may be something you would like to try with your students.
I have been reflecting a lot about poverty and trauma. I hope you find the story inspirational.