Celebrating 60 Years of Education! March 29th Edition
Color Run Fun!
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, March 29th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Thursday, March 31st @ 7:45AM: Gayman Choir Practice
- Monday, April 4th: 6th Grade Yearbook Cover Contest Entries Due
- Monday, April 4th: 5th & 6th Grade PEN Robotics Day
- Monday, April 4th @ 4:00-8:00PM: GHSA Panera Night
- Tuesday, April 5th: 5th Grade Cyberbullying Prevention Program/NOVA Presentation
- Wednesday, April 6th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Tuesday, April 12th: Yearbook Orders Due
- Tuesday, April 12th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 13th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 13th @ 8:00AM: Student Council Meeting
- Wednesday, April 13th: Evacuation Drill to Tohickon
- Thursday, April 14th: No School for Students/Teacher In-Service Day
- Friday, April 15th: Mustang Muse Submissions Due
- Friday, April 15th: CBSD Schools Closed
- Monday, April 18th: No School for Students/Teacher In-Service Day
- Wednesday, April 20th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 20th @ 9:00AM: Moana Jr. School Performance
- Thursday, April 21st: 6th Grade Clean Streams Field Trip
- Thursday, April 21st - Saturday, April 23rd: Moana Jr. Musical
- Tuesday, April 26th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 27th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 27th-Friday, April 30th: ELA PSSAs (3rd-6th Grades)
We Are Inspired
Ben Hartranft, local North Penn graduate, and an autism advocate inspired us with his stories of perseverance. We are encouraged to "Be the One" kind person who can change the world! Thank you to the GHSA for sponsoring our assembly.
Making a Difference
Below is a Sparks newsletter article we sent out almost two years ago. The topic is still very relevant. Please take the time to watch with your children for some interesting and needed discussion.
In today’s world we are all trying to know what is best for our children but it is difficult to see what lies ahead for them. The Sparks video below gives some economic insight into the past, present and future. Please share your reactions to this video with you children for their own understanding of future possibilities.
Success in the new economy
For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at email@example.com.
Spring Save the Dates!
- April 21st - 23rd: Moana Jr. Musical
- May 3rd: Reading Olympics
- May 5th: Learn and Discover 2022-23 Kindergarten
- May 12th: 2nd & 4th Grade Musical Melody Show
- May 14th: GHSA Sweet Heart Dance
- May 23rd: Band, Orchestra & Choir Spring Concert
- May 24th: 6th Grade Orientation at Tohickon Middle School
- May 25th: Gayman Art Show
- May 26th: Field Day
- June 3rd: GHSA End of the Year Family Picnic
- June 7th: Sixth Grade Promotion
- June 9th: Move Up Day
"Show me 5!" and "Mustang of the Day"
Students can earn "Show me 5" cards for displaying one of our 5 Gayman Mustang character traits: Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Cooperation, and Perseverance. Then, once a week, one child's name is pulled from each grade to earn a Magnificent Mustang wrist band.
Everyday, one child will earn the award "Mustang of the Day". This special award is given to one child from an adult at Gayman. These students will be invited to participate in a special event with Mrs. Carter at the end of the trimester.
Congratulations for showing extraordinary character!
Attention 6th Grade Students: Yearbook Cover Contest
- Use an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of white paper for your design.
- Use bright colors that will show easily when published.
- Write your name on the back of your submission
Drop off your entry in the main office by Monday, April 4th. We look forward to seeing your artistic work!
Capture Your Memories!
- Go to www.treering.com/validate2.
- Enter Gayman's Passcode: 10157566069198.
- Orders are due by April 12th.
The Mustang Muse
To celebrate Gayman Elementary's 60th birthday, the Mustang Muse is looking for essays, stories, and artwork all about Gayman. For submission information, click here.
The submission deadline is April 15th. We can't wait to see your literary talents shine!
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
It's time to register for Kindergarten!
Click here for the CBSD Kindergarten Registration page including necessary documents to gather in order to register your kindergarten students.
NOTE: Requests for morning or afternoon kindergarten are determined on a first come - first serve basis. Priority is also given to a request with a documented need by the parents' employers.
All attendance questions can be directed to Christine Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Gayman Office.
If your clearances are current, upload them into the App Garden - Volunteer Tracker. If your clearances have expired, or you need to begin the clearance process, click on the Required Documents for the directions. For more information, consult the Human Resources Volunteer Required Paperwork webpage.
CB Patriots Players
Tickets are now on sale for the Patriot Players upcoming production of Into the Woods! Performances will be in the CB East auditorium on Friday, April 1 at 7:30, Saturday, April 2 at 7:30, and Sunday, April 3 at 2:00.
Thank you for supporting the arts here at East and we hope you enjoy the show!
We are on Facebook!
Join today by clicking here, or join by scanning the QR code to the right of this page.
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.